Kudos to 4 Corners River Sports - Mountain Buzz

Old 11-09-2016   #1

Montrose, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1975
Kudos to 4 Corners River Sports

Just a shout out to let all know that the folk at 4 Corners River Sports set it straight with me on a recent Sawyer oar purchase. My pal lost one of my 12 year old Sawyer MX oars this spring and I anguished over how to replace. No longer made by Sawyer, I decided to purchase 2 matching oars. 4 Corners online & over the phone said they had instock 2 each 10' MXL 1 3/4' ID rope wrapped counterbalanced shafts and 2 each Smoker WW Pro 1 3/4" blades. So I paid up and 10 days later when I had driven from GJ to Durango to pick up it turned out they did not have 'em. Ashleigh made it good and called in a special order for me right then and there, to be drop shipped to my home all for same sale price I'd paid initially. I even got to choose shaft color! Got the beauties in the mail in 10 days.
Muchas gracias sawyer & 4 Corners!!!!!!

F.A.A.C. Slim is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2016   #2

Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
So... They told you they had the oars in stock, both online and in person and after you paid for them and drove 3+ hours one way to pick them up in person, they told you that they did not actually have them? That sounds about like the customer service I have gotten from them over the past few years. They do seem responsive when they make a mistake, but in my personal experience mistakes happen in over 50% of the transactions I have had with them over the years, and the mistakes have always been monetarily in the favor of 4CRS. They are also obnoxious with the number of western slope craigslist adds for used demo gear. Glad they made you happy in the end. I have started using Clavey and Cascade for most of my boating related purchases, and I have been very happy with the customer service, communication and responsiveness of both companies, despite 4CRS being only 5 minutes away.
Floatin mucho is offline   Reply With Quote