Inflatable Tourism - Mountain Buzz

Old 11-13-2017   #1

Willi..., Willimina, OR
Paddling Since: 68
Inflatable Tourism

Don't know if this topic has come up yet. Since I last blinked, the inflatable industry is rapidly exiting China and setting up in India; part of the great purge in exiting business that uses solvents and other such undesirable air pollution items. Now one can visit India (speaking English), purchase your inflatable, and see the sights for less than one can purchase a single chinese inflatable from a local import raft dealer. Don't ya just love capitalism.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2017   #2

Gary, that sounds sweet! Sightseeing in India and a raft for under $2500? I've always wanted to go to rafting in India. Getting a raft thrown into the deal just makes the whole trip that much more worthwhile.

So, you're organizing these trips? I did'nt know that you had gotten into the travel agent business. What are the dates of these trips? How much are you charging? What size raft am I going to get? Is it diminishing tube or a conventional design?

Sign me up brother!

BoscoBoater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017   #3

C. Springs, Colorado
This is wonderful news.....sign me up too. Are you providing the row frames for the trip? I'm thinking about buying another 16'er to add to the fleet.

With the dismantling of the EPA......we might not need to travel that far for a cheap raft. But for now.....sign me up.....I'm in.
caverdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2017   #4

lafayette or Grand Lake, CO., Colorado
Paddling Since: 1961
China has not figured out that when they ship our toys (rafts) to us they should inflate them first with the pollution they produced when making them (seems only fair). Maybe India will figure it out. Let us all pray that the trade winds don't start blowing our way or we will choke on the pollution we helped create over seas. Gary, if you ever decide to throw a beer and hot dog party at your 100% American made frame manufacturing facility please invite me.
Old 11-14-2017   #5

Willi..., Willimina, OR
Beer and Tofu Party

Please ....No Hot Dogs. Back to tourism though....
Sooo......Why not get tourism with your raft purchase. The guy selling that Asian inflatable is making a handsome margin. Most of us can negotiate an airport. Most everyone speaks English in India....since they are the first Injuns. And its likely that you'll see all your favorite brands there anyway.
India needs the money more than china does and India is a democracy ....even though the core of that term may not be as pleasant as it seems on the outside of the package.
I'm merely floating the opportunity. I've lots of boats so another is out of the question. Perhaps I'll go for the curry.
Old 11-18-2017   #6

Willi..., Willimina, OR
The trade winds

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
China has not figured out that when they ship our toys (rafts) to us they should inflate them first with the pollution they produced when making them (seems only fair). Maybe India will figure it out. Let us all pray that the trade winds don't start blowing our way or we will choke on the pollution we helped create over seas. Gary, if you ever decide to throw a beer and hot dog party at your 100% American made frame manufacturing facility please invite me.
The trade winds are blowing this way and their pollution is here 36 hours from emission. I used to be able to look out and see Hood, Adams, St Helens and Jefferson most days. Now its only Hood on a clear day.