Incept Rafts - Mountain Buzz

Old 03-18-2012   #1

colorado, Carbondale, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2012
Incept Rafts

I am pretty new to rafting and looking to buy a good used 14 footer. I have a buddy that has a Incept. What are the thoughts on the incept boats? Good boats? decent boats? Pros and cons?

Looking mainly for a boat that I can put a fishing frame on and fish with the occassion desert, overnighters that may be class 2 to 4.

Been paddling canoes for quite a number of years, just don't know jack about rubber boats.

thanks for comments, cheers

beetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2012   #2
Boy Howdy!

Colotucky, USA
Paddling Since: 2006
we have one, its a great boat. Whitewater rafting out ofm GWS runs them
Old 03-19-2012   #3

FoCo, Colorado
Incepts are great boats! i guided on them for years, and never, ever had problems with them. i currently own 2 of them.

any idea what model you're looking at? the latest generation of their boats are really incredible.
river_danno is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2012   #4

Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
I'm still kicking myself for not picking up a little 12 footer with oars and NRS frame in Coeur d'Alene a few years back....
Nothing in the world is more yielding and gentle than water. Yet it has no equal for conquering the resistant and tough. The flexible can overcome the unbending; the soft can overcome the hard. - Lao Tse
Andy H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012   #5

the, border
Quote:
Originally Posted by river_danno View Post
Incepts are great boats! i guided on them for years, and never, ever had problems with them. i currently own 2 of them.

any idea what model you're looking at? the latest generation of their boats are really incredible.

Are you Dan Scadden?
flatheadrafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012   #6

colorado, Carbondale, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2012
No, why you ask? I am an old landscape contractor! lol.
beetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012   #7

Carbondale, Colorado
Don't know about incept, but from your other posts and im's I know you're looking for a rig to fish from. Many guides have gone the Vanguard route for a reason, they draft next to nothing, floors are super stiff for standing on. I really dig mine, so much so that I prefer it over my friends Hyde. Vanguard is HQ'd out of Denver, Holly the owner is awesome and in person customer service/warranty is only a few hours away. Someone along the eagle is a distributor. It is a big heavy PVC boat that rolls up the size of a large dead hooker, so you're going to want to trailer it. It is also made in China, if that's important to you.
watermonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012   #8

FoCo, Colorado
Not dave scadden!!

no, i'm NOT mr scadden. i had to deal with him when he was the incept rep, unfortunately.

on the plus side, they got wise and dropped scadden. they have a new rep in cheyenne. don't know much about them.
river_danno is offline   Reply With Quote