I like to think of the grooves being half empty... - Mountain Buzz

Old 06-11-2016   #1

Los Alamos, New Mexico
Paddling Since: 1983
I like to think of the grooves being half empty...

As the proud new owner of a Coyote River Gear toilet (https://www.riversports.com/rs/produ...oilets-Groover) I have a few questions for those of your more experienced in wrangling boxes full of human waste.

What do you do if your groover is barely used (5 out a possible 50 user days) on a trip?

Do you clean it out, or dump in some more AquaKem and let it sit until the next trip?

This is the situation I find myself in after a 2 night Chama trip with just my wife and myself. I will probably just go to the dump station and clean out so my first time will be with a barely 10% full tank, but I want to know for the future.

gbmaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2016   #2
Misspellingintothefuture!

Tabernash, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Dump it every time. When I use a bucket with hermetic lid for very small trips of just me, I dump and rinse it out in my toilet if it's the day of or next day. A little wood ash makes about the best deodorant you can get by the way.
Old 06-11-2016   #3
Sponsoring Vendors

Paddling Since: 1994
For gods sake man, dump the thing!!!!!
zbaird is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2016   #4

Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
When it's just you and the SO, take wag bags. Save the big toilet for big trips...
Nothing in the world is more yielding and gentle than water. Yet it has no equal for conquering the resistant and tough. The flexible can overcome the unbending; the soft can overcome the hard. - Lao Tse
Andy H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016   #5

summit, Colorado
Rio Chama doesn't allow wag bags 😢

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz
basinrafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016   #6

C. Springs, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbmaz View Post
As the proud new owner of a Coyote River Gear toilet (https://www.riversports.com/rs/produ...oilets-Groover) I have a few questions for those of your more experienced in wrangling boxes full of human waste.

What do you do if your groover is barely used (5 out a possible 50 user days) on a trip?

Do you clean it out, or dump in some more AquaKem and let it sit until the next trip?

This is the situation I find myself in after a 2 night Chama trip with just my wife and myself. I will probably just go to the dump station and clean out so my first time will be with a barely 10% full tank, but I want to know for the future.
If your shit stinks.......dump it.
caverdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016   #7

Ft Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
Keep your partially full Groover stored in the trunk of your car until your ready to use it the next time. Only consider cleaning and dumping when it starts to overflow.
Noswetnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016   #8
Misspellingintothefuture!

Tabernash, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
"My shit don't stink!"
Old 06-12-2016   #9
Plunk your magic twanger!

New Castle, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
Set it up behind the lilac bush.

Sent from this thingy using Mountain Buzz
Gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016   #10

Great Falls, Montana
Paddling Since: .3
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbmaz View Post

Is this a joke? did you really just ask if it's okay not to clean your Groover when there is only a little poop?
ob1coby is offline   Reply With Quote