Hyside dealers!? - Mountain Buzz

Old 12-18-2014   #1

Chilliwack, BC
Paddling Since: 1990
Hyside dealers!?

Hi all. New user here, from Chilliwack BC. More of a fisherman, but getting to the fish requires rafting! I was wondering if anyone could help me with Hyside dealers. I'm looking ot get into a mini-max in the near future. Are there any dealers in BC or close to the border, maybe Bellingham-Seattle? I couldn't dig up anything on their site. TIA everyone.

Zach Sanchioni is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2014   #2

NOCO, Colorado
Paddling Since: 68
Fereign rafts can he had at Hyside. They are in Calif. They dont sell direct since their bus-mod requires they deflect liability to lower tier suppliers. AAA in Colorado is the best source, seconded by Clavey... Petaluma
garyherballeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014   #3

Sandy, Utah
Paddling Since: 1997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach Sanchioni View Post
Hi all. New user here, from Chilliwack BC. More of a fisherman, but getting to the fish requires rafting! I was wondering if anyone could help me with Hyside dealers. I'm looking ot get into a mini-max in the near future. Are there any dealers in BC or close to the border, maybe Bellingham-Seattle? I couldn't dig up anything on their site. TIA everyone.
Neither Clavey nor AAA are Hyside dealers. The only one I can think of is River Boat Works in Salida Colorado. Easier just to order direct from Hyside. They are based in California. I had their Outfitter 12 for awhile. Nice boat. Another option closer to you is Sotar in Oregon. Pricier, but you might find one you like on their Hot Deals page. You could go down and take a look at it before buying, and save on shipping costs. Hyside usually has pre-season free shipping deals in the fall. Good luck with your boat purchase.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2014   #4
Sponsoring Vendor

Central Point, Oregon
Call Hyside directly at 760-376-3723 and ask for Brandon Williams. He is supper easy to work with and very knowledgeable.
Whitewater Worthy Equip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014   #5

Sandy, Utah
Paddling Since: 1997
Thumbs up on Brandon at Hyside. He was super good to work with when I ordered my raft. I had to sell my little Hyside and my Maravia cataraft in order to buy my 14 ft. Sotar raft, but I often wish I had kept the Hyside 12 footer. I had it rigged up for fishing and could do a weeklong self support with conservative packing. Maybe someday I'll pick up a Mini-Max?
Old 12-19-2014   #6

Chilliwack, BC
Thanks for these replies guys, very helpful. Too bad there isn't any local dealers in BC or WA state as I really want to see these boats in person before pulling the trigger! Really hard for me to drop $2400 without seeing it first.
Old 12-20-2014   #7
Sponsoring Vendors

Salida, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1978
Zach,

Here is a picture of a Mini Max boat with a fishing frame on it. I'm getting one of these for myself this spring. I absolutely LOVE this boat! You will not be disappointed. The whole package weighs about 100 pounds (boat and frame). No trailer needed...you can put on top a Subaru for shuttle.
We are a Hyside dealer and make custom aluminum frames. Give us a call if interested. 719 539 9323 or [email protected]
I also attached a link to the Mt. Buzz thread "why buy a Riverboat Works frame"
Thanks
Kurt

https://www.mountainbuzz.com/forums/f...e-45451-2.html
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	7.jpg
Views:	2326
Size:	1.33 MB
ID:	9200  
Old 12-20-2014   #8

Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Nice little setup, Kurt!

I guided Boilermaker's Mini-Max on Boulder Creek last summer, it was sweet, lots of fun, rolled up (almost) small enough to take as your carry-on and is super light. Really nice boat.

-AH
Nothing in the world is more yielding and gentle than water. Yet it has no equal for conquering the resistant and tough. The flexible can overcome the unbending; the soft can overcome the hard. - Lao Tse
Andy H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014   #9

Chilliwack, BC
Thanks for that info Kurt, PM coming your way
Old 12-22-2014   #10

Boise, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1976
The Boise Army Navy store is a Hyside dealer. Believe it or not. Boise Army Navy Store -
Whetstone is offline   Reply With Quote