Help build my Amazon wish list - Mountain Buzz

Old 12-05-2015   #1

Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Help build my Amazon wish list

In-laws want to buy me xmas presents, and if I don't get them an Amazon wish list, I'll end up with a bunch of ill-fitting sweaters. So let's fill my Amazon wish list with rafting accessories! This will help me keep track of things I want to buy for myself in the future, too.

About me: owner of a new, never used 13" outlaw. Purchased and drooled over since August. Bought new for $900, and have been saving up for a frame and oars ever since. I'm going to either buy a raftframe.com frame or build a wooden frame. Other than a K-pump 220, I don't own anything rafting-related. This will be mostly a fishing raft.

Things on list already (in no particular order):
Pelican 1400 case for DSLR
National Publc Seating BT1860 steel frame folding table
Camp Time roll-a-table
River Rescue: A Manual for Whitewater Safety 4th ed.
O'Neill Wetsuit 3/2mm full suit
Watershed Mississippi Duffel Bag
Coleman Classic Propane Stove
Watershed Yukon Duffel Bag
Safety Whistle
NRS Pilot Knife
AIRHEAD AHP_12HP HP air pump 12v

I'm going to get the Chamellion cam strap grab bag for straps, and they're not on Amazon. Any other ideas for rafting accessories? Don't know if I need an air pressure gauge or not, but that might be another idea.

fishingraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2015   #2

Aurora, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingraft View Post
Don't know if I need an air pressure gauge or not, but that might be another idea.
You don't. The only time I've EVER used a raft air pressure gage was to document and verify how far over-topped guides made their boats when I noticed a very hard boat coming back. I think at the time SOTAR was recommending 2, or 2.5 psi, and I was finding boats coming back to the yard at 7+psi. Ridiculous.

As to the Peli box- they're great at protecting things, but I have had them leak in the past. The fastest way to have that is if something ever so tiny gets in the way when you close the lid. Even without that, I've had them leak.

Anyway, I guess I'd choose a Chattooga or Ocoee Watershed bag for my camera- padded out all nice. Watershed bags are the shit- the ONLY truly DRY bag I've ever used. Also, the Mississippi is HUGE- too big, IMO. You wind up taking everything off the boat every time you use it- heavy and things get lost in there. I use multiple Yukons for my long trips. One for sleeping stuff, one for daily use, one for extra that doesn't need to come to my camp every night. Food for thought.

Other idea:
Throwbag
climbdenali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015   #3

Gillette, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 2003
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1769.JPG
Views:	193
Size:	269.0 KB
ID:	10736
How bout a sweet 'Merica fanny pack?
Slowmococo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2015   #4

summit, Colorado
Throwbag for sure. And smaller watershed dry bags - we lose stuff in the Mississippi!

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz
basinrafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015   #5

Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowmococo View Post
Attachment 10736
How bout a sweet 'Merica fanny pack?
How bout a link?!? That has just skyrocketed to the top of my to-buy list.
Old 12-05-2015   #6

Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Thanks guys. Didn't realize how big the Mississippi was. Guess I should have considered the name a little more. Do remember fighting to find stuff at the bottom of my buddy's NRS Billy bag and it was a PITA. Will go with the Yukons and the Ocoee (how do you pronounce this?) for my dry storage needs.

Should have mentioned that I have a a bunch of throw bags already, but thanks for the suggestions!.
Old 12-05-2015   #7

jackson, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 1976
it's o-oco-wo-weenee. cherokee.
stuntsheriff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015   #8

Aurora, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
FWIW- The Ocoee is pretty tiny. The dimensions on the watershed website are tough to get a feel of the usable size of the bags. The Chattooga has always been my go-to day bag.
climbdenali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015   #9

Buffalo, New York
I've had cheap ace hardware ditch boots for years, but this year I asked the in-laws for muck boots. Nice to have for spring weather, or cold weather overnights. Not a top 10 need but nice to have

amv48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015   #10

Buffalo, New York
Also, I would
Pick up a spare vest or two, so you can get your non boating friends and family into it.

amv48 is offline   Reply With Quote