Helmet Recommendation? - Mountain Buzz

Old 02-16-2019   #1

Steamboat, Colorado
Helmet Recommendation?

Hi. Looking to buy new helmet before March trip. Will be used for rafting and stand up paddling. Looking at the wrsi current pro or their composite. I like the big brim on the pro. Anyone have any experience with these? Thanks

efis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2019   #2

Evergreen, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1991
I have owned the WRSI Current Pro helmet for a couple of years now and I really like it. It is super comfortable, very adjustable and the sun brim does a good job. It is definitely the nicest helmet I have owned and I don't mind wearing it all day long.
Ever_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019   #3

Steamboat, Colorado
Thanks Cat!
Have not found a pro to try In Real life so I really appreciate the feedback. Was able to find a composite In M/L today. A little on the tight side, they did not have next size up to compare. Thanks again!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2019   #4

Kalispell, Montana
Paddling Since: 1997
My wife and daughters wear the WRSI composite. Super light and comfy.

I have a L/XL head, and can't fit an WRSI. I wear a Sweet Strutter...also comfy, almost as light as the WRSI composite. I like the baseball cap-style brim on the Strutter.
MT4Runner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019   #5

Fieldbrook, California
Paddling Since: 1995
The WRSI composite Trident saved my life when I took a big hit to the head so I'm pretty keen on that one. Plus it has the bill for some sun protection too. Was recently gifted a Shred Ready T-Dub, which is also working well. both are comfortable and adjustable. the straps on the WRSI take a little tinkering to get it adjusted right, but once you figure it out it provides a very secure fitting brain bucket.
Melvinboats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019   #6

Northern Utah, Utah
Paddling Since: 1990
WRSI (NRS) redesigned their helmets in 2017 (if I remember right), going from two sizes (S/M, L/XL) to three sizes (S/M, M/L, L/XL). I've been using the Current Pro the since the redesign and I really like it, it's been the best fitting most comfortable helmet I've had in 20+ years. I like the Sweet helmets but find they don't fit my large sized head. My kids use the older Trident composite helmets and have had no complaints.
FatmanZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019   #7

Portland, United States
I have a regular WRSI Current and really like it. It's solid but fairly lightweight and super comfortable. Mine doesn't have the aggressive brim of the Pro version or ear pads, but those features weren't important to me.
Osmo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019   #8

Steamboat, Colorado
Thanks for all the feedback! Good to hear everyone here is happy with theirs. Working with local shop to order a couple to see what fits. Thanks again!!
Old 02-22-2019   #9

FOCO, Colorado
Paddling Since: 91
If you want a little flash and to go custom Headtrip helmets are a good choice. It takes a few to get it but 100%satisfaction garuntee, I ordered one and didnít like it sent it back had a new design I liked much better on my porch pretty quickly, no charge. At least there are options after Grateful heads went out of business itís getting harder to find custom helmets.
Critter70 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019   #10

Farmington, Utah
Paddling Since: 1995
I have enjoyed the fit and function of my Bern helmets. They are multi-sport and can be used for other activities. Just be sure to check that the rating is appropriate for what you will be doing.