Heat diffuser with a partner stove - Page 2 - Mountain Buzz

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #11

Salt Lake City, Utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDX Duck View Post
My recommendation...Be very careful. Either use the partner spacers (can be bought from them) or cut the diffuser plates so there is plenty of space for air flow.

I completely fried a 16” break-apart and was never abl to get it ‘right’ despite multiple attempts and assistance from Partner.

This is not a knock on Partner - I did not follow their directions / did exactly what they said not to do and hindsight was just plain dumb.

Have since purchased 2 3-burner 26” stoves and follow Manufacture’s directions to a T
I've rehabbed a Partner four burner that was destroyed by melting the solder joint connecting the valve to the manifold. The solder destroyed the valve's threads. Partner will sell you the manifold assembly, which you can replace with the right wrenches (tight quarters, but do-able). I guess you could destroy the case by running over it with a tank, but at least the 4-burner stoves are completely rebuildable. I've never cooked a valve on my own stoves, but I've become the maintenance volunteer for the stoves our museum's paleontology field crew abuse.

BJ Nicholls is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 1 Hour Ago   #12

Treasure Valley, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1991
Square Tube

I also found the stove HEATS up hot enough to melt rocks. I use 3/4 square steel tubes. I cut them to fit front to back across the stove. I tried using 1/4", but they also let my pans get too hot. Another fix would be figuring out how to get the knobs to turn down lower, but the 'lowest' setting is still ripping hot.
NativeDiver is online now   Reply With Quote