Has anyone had experience with the Luxe Batwing? - Page 6 - Mountain Buzz

Old 5 Days Ago   #51

Lakewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
Just to be clear... there were only a few (or maybe just one) of the Nemo wings at that price. Definitely a good deal...but no more left at that price so its not as good a value at full price... if there are any left at all.

Edit: Another quick search shows that that particular Nemo wing are sold out...so not gonna be an option unless you find it used or they find a few more in a warehouse somewhere.

The Luxe one still seems like a great wing if you can get over the warranty. Its the only one I've seen that comes in multiple color options and seems to be a pretty decent setup for the money.

Electric-Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 5 Days Ago   #52

FOCO, Colorado
Paddling Since: 91
I did the same as protechie, been wanting a wing and after this review, Did the same mental thought process, itís a great deal, itís rei so returns are super easy, guess two of the last wings available are now in Fort Collins. Been eyeballing the Luxe but just the heavier fabric on the shadowcaster figured couldnt pass it up will report back on real world use.
Critter70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Days Ago   #53

Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Critter70 View Post
I did the same as protechie, been wanting a wing and after this review, Did the same mental thought process, it’s a great deal, it’s rei so returns are super easy, guess two of the last wings available are now in Fort Collins. Been eyeballing the Luxe but just the heavier fabric on the shadowcaster figured couldnt pass it up will report back on real world use.

Dangit guys you ordered before the OP (me) could snag one! I slept on it reread the reviews and decided to pull the trigger for there to be nothing left to shoot at.
Fly By Night is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 5 Days Ago   #54

Fort Collins, Colorado
That was another reason I went for it. I already have poles that I use with my Noah, but I sometimes wish I had an extra set to increase the usable space and air flow. Since the Nemo comes with poles it just seemed like a really sweet deal. I can use oars as well, but I probably use it just as much or more for car camping, so two sets of poles is ideal.

Also as a point to note, I've not had any issues with my Noah, although I haven't really put it to task much in high winds. I got it for a very good deal as well, but always planned on keeping an eye out for something bigger. The Nemo seemed to fit the bill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoRon View Post
Please let us know what you think especially if before 2/4 when the sale ends.

Even if the poles turn out to seem wimpy then perhaps just use oars and use the OEM poles on the sides. I do this sometimes just to raise the tarp as high as possible when it is blazing hot and the tarp fabric is hot enough to become an oven. As much clearance as possible is preferred. (I many times have broadcast water on the tarp to chill it out. Perhaps the best use of a water blaster toy there is. It is good for almost an hour of evaporative cooling.)

My original Moss Outfitter Wing is made out of the heavy durable fabric. Unfortunately, when it gets saturated wet is takes a long time to dry unlike the silicon(?) fabric of my new NRS wing. Maybe the fabric was more water repellent when it was new.
protechie is offline   Reply With Quote