Has anyone had experience with the Luxe Batwing? - Page 4 - Mountain Buzz

Old 1 Week Ago   #31

Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2012
Thanks for your initial thoughts Okie. When you were building up how windy it is out there I thought you were leading into how you were going to go pitch your wing in the wind for the weekend to see how it fares.

I wonder if Luxe has their warranty so tight to scare away people who try to abuse it. They are small enough of a company I bet if you call and explain your situation they'll take care of you, especially if it's right out of the box.

Fly By Night is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 1 Week Ago   #32

Jenks, Oklahoma
As mentioned, I used to go boating no matter what the weather, now retired, I am a weather wimp but still like to have bomber gear if weather turns bad on me.

My inlaws used to have a retirement house in Pagosa Springs. We have spent a lot of time there in Durango / Pagosa just visiting and me camping. Oklahoma has wind out the yeng yang, but based on several winter ski / camp trips in the Durango area, you guys have winter wind storms right up there with us. Durango is one of my favorite areas and 4 Corners is one of a gear head like me favorite stores.
okieboater is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #33

Durango, Colorado
It gets windy here on the spring but for the most part part I feel like it's pretty calm l Four corners is beautiful I feel lucky to have them nearby as a resource. I got some like new consignment pole cats there this fall for a good deal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 5 Days Ago   #34

I have a luxe batwing and I like it.
Esod1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Days Ago   #35

I can setup an take down with no help
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190731_174818_1579740320857.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	1.79 MB
ID:	41935   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190731_174742_1579740360712.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	1.80 MB
ID:	41937  

Old 5 Days Ago   #36

Durango, Colorado
Thanks ESOD,

I like the side stakes, that looks like a nice way to expand your view and give more room under the tarp, did it come with grommets it loops or something to facilitate the second set of poles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esod1981 View Post
I can setup an take down with no help
Old 5 Days Ago   #37

Yes it has small loops to fit the small poles. I just used some paracord to make loops that fit snugly on to my oar handles for the main supports.
Old 5 Days Ago   #38

Durango, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esod1981 View Post
I have a luxe batwing and I like it.
How does it do in the wind?

Does the reflective coating seem to help with heat?

If it were to disappear tomorrow would you buy another or explore other tarps?
Old 5 Days Ago   #39

lafayette or Grand Lake, Depends on mood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1961
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly By Night View Post
Is this based off first hand experience or what you're seeing online?
Sorry for the slow reply. It is based on their written warranty, not on real life experience with them. After I get a chance to see one up close and personal I may be inclined to buy one, but most likely not. I do not buy from companies that don't back their products with a good warranty. If they do not have not faith in their product why should I? Hopefully I'll get to see okieboater's batwing this year and get a chance at some of his DO cooking magic!

Good luck to all on the permit lottery.
Old 5 Days Ago   #40

Jenks, Oklahoma
out of the box, the bat wing looks ok for a light weight tarp. Weather here improving and I may get the tarp set up in the yard soon.

I am going on a canoe float up in Southern MO next month (if P/T and Doc approve that shoulder rehab progess is acceptable) and will put the tarp up and see it in action.

Luxe did send me a email and asked for my feedback and to send them photos

To long a response to relate here. Basically told them when I opened the box and saw their warranty it just pissed me off. To the point this was my first and last purchase. I did like their web site a lot and will most likely buy a hot tent based on that experience. But it will not be Luxe. I did find several hot tent retailers. Most of the hot tent designs are very similar.

I did some searching on DO recipes and found a nice Cobbler receipe, one I have not seen anywhere else. Expect me to experiment on our next float Bighorn. Get ready it may well be blueberries, pastry and cream cheese inside.
okieboater is online now   Reply With Quote