Great Experience with Canyon Coolers!!! - Mountain Buzz
 



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 12-01-2015   #1
Be Like Water
 
Rivertime, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1978
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 139
Great Experience with Canyon Coolers!!!

Hi Boaters,

I just wanted to post that I had a fantastic experience with the customer service of Canyon Coolers! Adam at Canyon Coolers was quick in his response and resolved the issue immediately. I'm also impressed with their new line of coolers. I have nothing but good to say about their coolers and how they stand by their product!

Liquido is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-01-2015   #2
 
elkhaven's Avatar
 
Belgrade, Montana
Paddling Since: 1991
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,181
I don't own one but was wondering what their "new line up" was that you mentioned - so I checked out their site and found this: Prospector 100+. Finally someone building a cooler designed to hang and be accessible from a frame. Obviously they've been paying attention.

Awesome!
__________________
"If you dont do it this year, you will be one year older when you do"
-Warren Miller
elkhaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015   #3
 
InflatableSteve's Avatar
 
Cave Creek, Arizona
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 688
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhaven View Post
I don't own one but was wondering what their "new line up" was that you mentioned - so I checked out their site and found this: Prospector 100+. Finally someone building a cooler designed to hang and be accessible from a frame. Obviously they've been paying attention.

Awesome!
Damn! Bought our cooler too soon. We have a 125qt Canyon. It is a sweet cooler, but it is tall. With the 1" pad on it, the 10" NRS towers are a little short for me when rowing. This would be about perfect. I wonder what the price point will be on this.
InflatableSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-01-2015   #4
swimming
 
Coastal, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1987
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 258
I was emailed this concept a while back, looking forward to seeing one in person. Looks like it will work well for people who use movable cross bars and has some other cool features.Not sure why it is called the prospector though,really excellent looking for the rafting industry. Mining i am not sure, maybe so?
GreenWall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015   #5
 
elkhaven's Avatar
 
Belgrade, Montana
Paddling Since: 1991
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,181
I think they list it @ $410. The only problem I see is that based on the listed lid thickness of 3" - the total height above the crossbars will be 6". That's tall if it's correct. I think that's basically the same height as a DRE flip seat so if your used to that it'll work fine, if not it'll make you change your set up. Or put it elsewhere...I sit on my dry box, so cooler height doesn't really matter. I sure wish they'd send me one to test though.
__________________
"If you dont do it this year, you will be one year older when you do"
-Warren Miller
elkhaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015   #6
 
Great Falls, Montana
Paddling Since: .3
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquido View Post
Hi Boaters,

I just wanted to post that I had a fantastic experience with the customer service of Canyon Coolers! Adam at Canyon Coolers was quick in his response and resolved the issue immediately. I'm also impressed with their new line of coolers. I have nothing but good to say about their coolers and how they stand by their product!
Would you be willing to be more speciffic? Details? Your post seems suspiciously vague, like it is an opportunity to plug a new cooler?
ob1coby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015   #7
 
codycleve's Avatar
 
salmon, Idaho
Paddling Since: 2004
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhaven View Post
I think they list it @ $410. The only problem I see is that based on the listed lid thickness of 3" - the total height above the crossbars will be 6". That's tall if it's correct. I think that's basically the same height as a DRE flip seat so if your used to that it'll work fine, if not it'll make you change your set up. Or put it elsewhere...I sit on my dry box, so cooler height doesn't really matter. I sure wish they'd send me one to test though.
I think when they list the lid depth at 3" they are counting the inch or two that seats down into the cooler.. so that would not count towards the overall height.
codycleve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015   #8
 
elkhaven's Avatar
 
Belgrade, Montana
Paddling Since: 1991
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,181
Quote:
Originally Posted by codycleve View Post
I think when they list the lid depth at 3" they are counting the inch or two that seats down into the cooler.. so that would not count towards the overall height.
But if you look at their rendering the lid does not stick down... Hopefully you are correct, but running with the evidence at hand I'm guessing 5-6"



Love the front drain plug - even though I'm a diehard non-drainer it'll still make unloading easier.
__________________
"If you dont do it this year, you will be one year older when you do"
-Warren Miller
elkhaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015   #9
swimming
 
Coastal, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1987
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 258
One thing you may or might have not noticed is they implemented a concept I had been thinking about for a while to get the cooler lower. The bottom is arched and the cooler sits on the outside ends on flat ground. I have a couple molds drawn up this way,my cooler was only 16 wide to match a drybox size but that floor allows you to set it lower and also keeps the rocks from poking into the bottom of the cooler when you set it on the ground. Looks like they packed some good features for rafters in this one finally, hopefully the size plays out. Their coolers have always just been the wrong size to get in a boat frame ( too wide ,too high,too square)except for the sailor

Ob1coby ,who cares if the guy did plug a new cooler, would you rather not know about it? All this "special correct way" to find out about a product is just getting dumb.
GreenWall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015   #10
 
Andy H.'s Avatar
 
Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,650
Quote:
Originally Posted by ob1coby View Post
Would you be willing to be more speciffic? Details? Your post seems suspiciously vague, like it is an opportunity to plug a new cooler?
Jason doesn't need to pay someone to push his coolers on the Buzz and Liquido's been around a few years. I heard about the new line awhile back and have been looking forward to seeing them.

Hopefully we'll hear from Canyon soon on this.

-AH
__________________
Nothing in the world is more yielding and gentle than water. Yet it has no equal for conquering the resistant and tough. The flexible can overcome the unbending; the soft can overcome the hard. - Lao Tse
Andy H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Topic Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Great Experience with Caldwell Transportation idahoriversrat Whitewater Rafting 0 08-01-2015 07:31 PM
Day Coolers / Soft Coolers brasscap Kayaking | Gear Talk 8 12-07-2011 01:49 PM
Canyon Coolers (formerly Galaxy) mgpaddler Kayaking | Gear Talk 1 07-03-2011 09:50 AM
Come to BV to paddle 400cfs and listen to great music for a great cause. SilverBullet Whitewater Kayaking 3 03-11-2011 11:59 AM

» Classified Ads
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.