on this site!), received a reply immediately and had them in the mail the next
day.

Outstanding and thank you!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2017   #2

Bellingham, Washington
Paddling Since: 1998
Great thread idea for Christmas! This is my "great customer service" story for 2017:

While on the MF Salmon last summer, I blew out the neck gasket on my drysuit. Normally, I keep a spare handy, but I was completely out and worse yet, I was leaving on another river trip immediately after the MF Salmon trip, with only a few days in between... including a weekend. I no longer own a sat phone, but I did bring a satellite messenger on this trip, so I sent the following text to The Kayak Academy is Issaquah, Washington:

"On wilderness trip in ID & blew gasket. Please send one Universal L/XL neck gasket to my home address ASAP. I'll call with payment info when back in civ. Thx, xxx xxxxx."

When I got off the river a few days later, I called the shop to see if they had actually honored my lame request. Yep! No problems! The gasket was waiting for me when I got back home Friday evening. I changed my gasket on Saturday and was ready to go again Monday morning.

How many other businesses would do this kind of thing for a small customer? Certainly not any large corporation! This was about boaters taking care of boaters. I encourage everyone to do business with the small, local businesses in your area. The dividends pay off in unexpected ways.
landslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017   #3

Jenks, Oklahoma
I have done business with JPW for many years.

Most of the time Jack answers my emails or phone calls. One time Jack was on a trip to I think Mexico and returned my call from Mexico City airport.

All the JPW gear including a custom designed by me with Jack's help Cutthroat has been bomb proof. Just like JPW customer service. And, JPW gear is made in the great state of New Mexico.
okieboater is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2017   #4

Steamboat Springs, Colorado
Agreed, JPW cat I own is awesome, so I got another. Those guys do good work, hope they check out this thread

Sent from my VS987 using Mountain Buzz mobile app
tjligon25 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017   #5

Florence, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
Love dealing with cks in Buena Vista Colorado. Bought some gear, after they advised me my used drytop wasn't worth fixing. Even though I wasn't buying a boat they helped with a list of good beginner kayaks to look for used. Awesome folks
formerflatlander is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017   #6

utah county, Utah
Paddling Since: 1983
one more for JPW. excellent and honest folks. you can trust them to do what is right and they build fantastic stuff too.
royal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017   #7

Minturn, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2010
I'll give a shoutout to Hyside. They were very pleasant and easy to work with on a warranty/boat exchange for me. They want happy customers, and they have one, ME. Happy owner of 2 Hyside's.

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz
Sherpa9543 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017   #8

Fort Collins, Colorado
Plus 1 for Hyside. Canít remember if I already posted about it somewhere or not, but I called them at the end of this season asking if they had a previous year model mini max lying around for sale at a discount. It was on a whim and I didnít have high hopes. They didnít have one but offered me a discount on a remaining 2017 model. I ran the numbers and called them back saying I was ready to purchase. Even though I had already said I would buy the new boat, they told me they found a demo/blem they could sell me for about 25% less. They sent me several pictures of the minor cosmetic blemishes and assured me the warranty was in full force. So now Iím a happy mini max owner thanks to a great deal and some great customer service from Hyside!
protechie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017   #9

Park City, Utah
Paddling Since: 1982
This is a great thread. I've got to give a shout out to the Lehr Propane motor folks. They were really responsive when we bought our used outboard with helping me get it stared. They came through again this Fall. We had it on a R/H trip and the flexible hose for the 1 lb. bottles leaked bad. I called them up prepared to order the hose assembly. They knew the motor was 3 years old, but sent me the redesigned assembly for free along with the appropriate pages from the shop manual to assist with the installation. Can't beat that kind of service.
tmacc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017   #10

Eagle, Colorado
Great Indeed

Jan's Sewing!!!! A must for any rafter.... Great prices, great responses and a good mind for what you need.
Nubie Jon is offline   Reply With Quote