Mountain Buzz banner

For Sale: Linda Lou Lindemann's CO River Briefs for a Trip Through the GC, 2nd Ed.

2K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  MNichols 
#1 ·
I am selling my copy of the second (1990) edition of the classic (the illustrations really are the best part!) LLL GC Guide. Good condition, fun collector's item.

Bought it (and brought it) for my fourth trip down the Big Canyon out of some kinda weird first-time GC TL impulse. I'd like to find it a new home, even though it is a fun coffee table kinda book. I'd like to re-home it ASAP as I am moving across the Great Divide in the near future and need to get rid of lotsa stuff. Make an offer?

As I am relatively unknown here, I'm happy to converse via PM, phone or email to clarify the fact that I am indeed a real river person, accountable and reasonable with respect to deliverables.

All images copyright LLL, 1984.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
This kinda GC historic kitsch definitely will have varied levels of relative worth. I paid something like $30-40 (with shipping) for it in my feverish attempts to feel well-rounded as first-time GC TL, even though the book is not maybe really worth anything as a guidebook. As a book collection/coffee table kinda book, I'd say what I paid was worth it, but maybe I am just a sucker for a home-made-ish book originally published the year I was born.

Currently in Fort Collins, headed for GJ or Hanksville in the next few months, but will be doing some contract work in Kansas in the meantime.

Attachments

#4 ·
I think it's worth a lot as a guidebook, the hand drawn illustrations of the rapids are most cool. If Duaine Whitis hadn't made his line of books, I wouldn't hesitate to use this, and perhaps a stephens guide for a trip, but it's always in my drybox and viewed daily on GC.

#6 ·
I am not a frequent flyer in the GC (like Marshal) and I have never seen the book but I bet it is at least a great coffee table book
Shit, 5 times isn't a frequent flier, my friend has been down 21 or 22 Consecutive years... I'm a rookie, but as long as this every year streak keeps up, I'm game to try and top that!

#8 ·
At least we can all admit that we have a problem. A glorious addiction of a problem.

And yeah, West Slope, best slope. Can confirm!
I am a proud member of the Grand Canyon River Runners anonymous group. Our 12 step program is 12 consecutive trips in 12 consecutive years lol. Year 4 for me and counting, gosh darn it, I'll kick this habit yet!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.