EVERYTHING BAG - Mountain Buzz

Old 12-29-2018  

Cave Creek, Arizona
EVERYTHING BAG

I’ve been looking into an EVERYTHING BAG for the stern of my RMR13. If I get one it has to be pretty large to hold a lot of “stuff”. Does anybody have a preference of brand ( DRE, stitches n stuff, tuff river stuff etc.) or any others and why?
THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2018  
Sponsoring Vendor

Central Point, Oregon
If your not pinching pennies and want to capitalize on space take a look at these:

https://www.whitewaterworthy.com/product/mushroom-bag/
13’ would be $400
Old 12-29-2018  

Cave Creek, Arizona
Interesting bags. I assume they are not supposed to be waterproof. How well do they drain water?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2018  

Eugene, Oregon
You can't go wrong with the Tuff River Stuff "Everything Bag". I absolutely love mine!!!! It makes loading the raft so much quicker. One of the best things I have purchased over the years and it comes in multiple sizes. Great quality as well. Give Ray a call and he will take good care of you. Super nice guy.
Old 12-29-2018  
Sponsoring Vendor

Central Point, Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipperw View Post
Interesting bags. I assume they are not supposed to be waterproof. How well do they drain water?
It is made of mesh material that is a tighter weave than others but they still drain just as well.
Old 12-30-2018  

Vail, Colorado
Go with tuff river. He even sends you bloody mix with your bag so "you can enjoy a cocktail while everyone else is still rigging." I have two. I spend a lot of time sipping captains drinks while everyone else fights with their tangled mess of straps.
Old 12-30-2018  

Salt Lake City, Utah
The everything bag is one of the best investments I have made. Don't go with a cheap knock off. So much better than the "clam shell" IMHO. So easy to pack.
Old 12-30-2018  

thornton, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1969
Good piece of river gear to have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipperw View Post
I’ve been looking into an EVERYTHING BAG for the stern of my RMR13. If I get one it has to be pretty large to hold a lot of “stuff”. Does anybody have a preference of brand ( DRE, stitches n stuff, tuff river stuff etc.) or any others and why?
THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT!!
Been using the same idea for years, the concept of the Everything bag is a great way of keeping alot of different items together(secured ), without worry of falling out. Plus if you flip, everything stays together. This picture is from a private trip I was on, MFS in 1981 or 1982, same concept, different material though. Stitchs n Stuff makes a great one also, and can custom build one I believe. In 1976 on a commercial river trip we discover a gentleman that had drowned on a private trip and folded him into a tarp and than placed him into the "everything type bag" on one of our 22 ft. cargo boats without passenger's on board, floated to a spot where fisherman would four wheel into and asked if they could drive into town and bring back, rescue to transport him to town. Our passenger's never were aware of the incident. So they will hold alot of things.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-04-29 08.51.39.jpg.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	1.37 MB
ID:	32739  
Old 12-30-2018  

Jenks, Oklahoma
I had a Tuff River Stuff bag in the stern of my 18 ft Aire Leopard and also another one in the stern of my Aire 143 self bailer. Both were just awesome to use. Sold both boats and new owners still using the bags. Bags still look like new after a lot of use.

They really do make loading gear bags simple. Just toss them in, stand by the bag and pull. If something needs to be added later it is easy to undo the strap, stick in what ever needs added, retie the strap and off you go. Highly recommended.
Old 12-30-2018  

Salt Lake City, Utah
Paddling Since: 1998
Well Raymo, that proves they really will hold just about anything. I'm sure the passengers are glad to be blissfully unaware.
I may just have to get one now.... You know, just in case.

Tags
bag