E-Bay Paco Pad Scams - Mountain Buzz

Old 10-16-2017   #1

East Wenatchee, Washington
Paddling Since: 1976
E-Bay Paco Pad Scams

There is a triangulation fraud (look it up) going on in the E-Bay site for at least some rafting gear - namely Paco Pads. I have been involved (receiving end) in this type of scam a few years back, and a recent "good deal" purchase of a large pad on E-Bay on the 14th popped up again. One (new) was sold about Oct. 3rd earlier by a new seller on EB for $71 delivered. My purchase was from the same seller's other auction, for $82.99 delivered, but when I received a shipping notice from UPS it showed the retailer as NRS and was to go out today.

My alarm bells went off immediately since they sell for more than twice that amount from NRS - so I called them today to put a hold on shipping. They researched the buyer account and called me back to confirm that it was fraudulent.

It takes a while for a credit card users to check statements, file a dispute and for the e-commerce vendor to be informed of the theft. E-Bay is still slow on the up-take and will take their sweet time to kick off this seller. Be warned - cockroaches are everywhere.

chiefstilh20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2017   #2

East Wenatchee, Washington
Paddling Since: 1976
E-Bay seems to be moving faster than I expected, since they are removing the items based upon a e-mail a few minutes ago. Here is the link to the two items in question before they disappear from the site.
I wonder if other rafting vendors besides NRS are getting screwed over by these types of lowlifes?

https://www.ebay.com/sch/moraleseret...p2046732.m1684
chiefstilh20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017   #3

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
Im still amazed that folks shop online with their actual credit card...just get a prepaid and you dont need to worry about fraud from shady websites and security breaches.

Im not sure i would have bothered...a $80 paco is a hard deal to pass up. Good on you!
k2andcannoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2017   #4
Paddling in to the Future

Boise, Idaho
Paddling Since: 2000
I use privacy.com burner cards for online purchases. but yes, you can still be ripped off by buying something too good to be true.