Dry box Purchase - Mountain Buzz

Old 01-10-2019   #1

Bozeman, Montana
Dry box Purchase

Looking to add a dry box to our set up this year. I came across one on the NRS website, which has the "Eddy Out Aluminum Dry Box". I also found a place locally in bozeman, "Mad Cow Metal Works" which has one, but is a few hundred more then the NRS model. Can anyone recommend one?

Aluminum Dry Boxes & Custom Welding | Bozeman, MT | Mad Cow Metal Works - $539

https://www.nrs.com/product/55077.01...uminum-dry-box $375

walterwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2019   #2

Kalispell, Montana
Paddling Since: 1997
Go for the standard NRS sized box if it fits the space you need. No frills, but it will work fine.

Go for the MadCow box if you want a more specific size. If you really want to maximize dry volume on your boat, the customization will be well worth it.
MT4Runner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019   #3

Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1980
Mad Cow

Mad Cow boxes are very well made. Go talk to Todd at Mad Cow before purchasing anything else. He will work with you to make sure you get exactly what you want. Let me know if you want to see how well they hold up. I have a bunch of them and I'm in Bozeman too.
RonD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2019   #4

Missoula, Montana
Paddling Since: 1996
My Mad Cow Box is Bear Certified too. Its an up-charge but I am happy I don't have to hang my kitchen kit from a tree anymore. Stringing up a dutch oven and all the dry goods was a pain in the ass. Also Todd was able to get it to me by my deadline for a launch. Excellent product and service. Worth the extra coin.
Jamesdking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019   #5

Bozeman, Montana
I've decided to get 36x16x16 which Mad Cow has. They also have the tabs, which I need. I was thinking about getting the bear proof rating box, however I already have a Yeti 65.. I'm hoping I get mount my NRS rower seat to the top.
walterwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019   #6

Kalispell, Montana
Paddling Since: 1997
Quote:
Originally Posted by walterwhite View Post
I've decided to get 36x16x16 which Mad Cow has. They also have the tabs, which I need. I was thinking about getting the bear proof rating box, however I already have a Yeti 65.. I'm hoping I get mount my NRS rower seat to the top.
That's the nice thing about buying directly from the fabricator. You could have him reinforce the top so you can bolt on the NRS seat.

Buddy of mine got a custom drybox and mounted slide rails so his rower seat could be adjusted forward and back. The bottom rails are welded to the box, the upper rails are bolted to the seat.
MT4Runner is online now   Reply With Quote