Mountain Buzz banner

Dry box for a 13ft NRS Otter?

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  geobucket 
#1 ·
So I own a NRS Revolution 130, which has the same dimensions as an NRS otter 130. I want to buy a metal dry box, but I am unsure of sizing. Interior width is 37” and tube diameter is 18”. Is a 36” dry box too tight? Frontierplay makes a 36”l x 16”w x18”h box, and I am worried that it is too tall. NRS makes a 36” x 16” x 16” dry box but it is $100 more expensive. I think I am correct in assuming that I want a dry box that is shorter than the width of my boat’s interior compartment. Who has a dry box for their 13ft otter and what size do you like? Thank you!

#3 ·
I have a 13 otter and a 36x16x16 NRS dry box. it fits great, it does sit a little high but I have running boards and strap 2 .5 cal ammo cans on either side and they are about flush with the top of my dry box. We mainly use it for the kitchen box on group trip and it can hold a good kitchen for a group of 20 with a stove but it sure can get heavy quick. I have a friend who just got a frontier play much smaller in size but i was impressed with the quality compared to price

#4 ·
Chiming in late...

I have a an Otter 130, and use a 37" frontierplay box. Fits snug, but does not seem to leave rub marks or wear. I actually would go smaller as my gear needs are much less these days, but already had the box as a hold-over from a previous setup.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.