DRL issues - Mountain Buzz

Old 4 Weeks Ago   #1
swimming

DRL issues

Wonder if this is just an impatient guy blowing stuff out of proportion. I almost got a DRL frame but it was all hacked NRS parts
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190731-190043_Facebook_1566517969031.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	462.7 KB
ID:	38639  

Longrange338 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 4 Weeks Ago   #2

at my house, Montana
Paddling Since: 2020
James is back!
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #3

Fraser, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
Ya that was my first thought to.
Advertisement

Old 4 Weeks Ago   #4

Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1983
In response to the OP, I had the opposite experience. After trying to buy tubes direct from Sotar this spring, and not even getting a response to my email, I went thru DRL and Dusty not only bent over backward to get them in time for a Salmon trip, but got me a discount.
Infidien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #5
swimming

I didn't want this to be taken the wrong way I've spoke with him on the phone and he helped me out quite a bit when I was looking for frames. I have no issues with him whatsoever. I just chose to go a different route because if I wanted a frame I could assemble in my living room I could do that on my own. The boxes he sells I bought directly from the source and the latching system was taken from other people who use that so it just seemed all pieced together and not a whole lot of custom and that's what I was going for. It wasn't a bashing post it was I never heard that before and he seemed really helpful to me on the phone post
Longrange338 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #6

Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1983
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longrange338 View Post
I didn't want this to be taken the wrong way I've spoke with him on the phone and he helped me out quite a bit when I was looking for frames. I have no issues with him whatsoever. I just chose to go a different route because if I wanted a frame I could assemble in my living room I could do that on my own. The boxes he sells I bought directly from the source and the latching system was taken from other people who use that so it just seemed all pieced together and not a whole lot of custom and that's what I was going for. It wasn't a bashing post it was I never heard that before and he seemed really helpful to me on the phone post
I don't know anything about his aluminum frames but I saw one of his steel frames on my Salmon trip and was very impressed - innovative design and solid construction.
Infidien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #7

Not my experience at all. I had DRL do a custom frame build out on a Maravia earlier this year and my experience was great. Maravia had some delays in getting the boat to Dusty, and he was really good about keeping an availability window open when the boat expected to arrive so he could complete the build out as soon as the boat was in his shop. While he does do completely welded frames, I opted for a breakdown Lo-Pro style frame that had several customizations so it can switch from a fishing setup with an oversized bow fishing platform (sans big cooler) to a multi-day setup with a cooler. He also did a customized anchor mast which has worked great. Dusty was really good about working to brainstorm and tweak the design with me to make sure it was dialed in perfect (spent a lot of time on the phone), and his craftsmanship on the welded components of the breakdown frame is top notch.
UTTelefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #8

Ellensburg, Washington
Paddling Since: 1982
He's like the Energizer Bunny, or should I say "Entityizer" Bunny..
GOTY2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #9

Lakewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longrange338 View Post

It wasn't a bashing post except for all of it.

Let me guess... there is a company out there that makes "custom state of the art laser cut cnc welded" frames that you went with.

Go away James.

How about you go back to PNWrafters and make your annual post about how everyone on Mountainbuzz are a bunch of idiots for not putting up with your bullshit.
Electric-Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #10

Tigard, Oregon
Paddling Since: 14
This is my first time posting here. I was going to just let this slide, but had to chime in. I had a frame built from DRL and my experience was fantastic. If anything, I was the person that was a pain in the rear. Dusty bent over backward to get me what I wanted. Without going into details. He went above and beyond. Dusty is truly a stand up guy. I doubt that any other frame builder would have done what he did for me. I love my DRL frame!!!!
airepilot is offline   Reply With Quote