Check out these cat tubes - Mountain Buzz

Old 11-21-2015   #1

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
Check out these cat tubes

It's winter time and the buzz is pretty slow, so I figured I'd post some pics of these sweet cat tubes from Custom Inflatables.

They are ultra light 12'x19", two chambers per tube with longitudinal baffles.

The proud owner Eric who is paralyzed from the waist down, is using the rig not only as his play machine, but he'll also be using this boat as a platform to demonstrate the potentials of Adaptive Whitewater and raise awareness for the cause.

Visit the WVOnTheGo.com 'Community Accessibility Improvement Project & Free Accessible Adventure Guide', which is a personal service project Eric has been working on with the goals to bring about positive change, improve ADA/universal design accessibility, and promote accessible adventure tourism (bringing in new business) in the region.

The full website isn't up yet but the Facebook page has some information. Any boater in WV will know that the majority of rivers in the state have terrible access making inclusive recreation difficult. Hopefully we can all do a little to help improve access to the river for people with disabilities.

k2andcannoli is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2015   #2

Fort Collins
Sounds like a good cause. My first thought when I saw the shape of the tubes was: They should be black and yellow instead, then they would look like big bananas. Giving new meaning to the Banana Boat!
Old 11-22-2015   #3

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
I haven't seen them in person yet, but I think the color is off in this pic. I'm pretty sure they are blue and gold WVU Mountaineers colors. Those tips do look like a banana.
k2andcannoli is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2015   #4

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020665.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	1.33 MB
ID:	10708

You mean like this?
Look for this surf machine on Colorado rivers this summer!
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015   #5
swimming

Coastal, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1987
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
Attachment 10708

You mean like this?
Look for this surf machine on Colorado rivers this summer!
Hmm ,ok. We may be getting a bit silly on the banana rocker now. That design was Neil's concoction. If you are dropping waterfalls all day maybe. They look like the old fairy shoe maxxons
GreenWall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015   #6
Mile 157

Guess, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1998
Sweet tubes, and that's coming from a cat boater. Great stoke from Eric on the nice boat and on the WVOnTheGo.com cause. Thanks for sharing the positive power of change out there boating can have on everyone. I can definitely think of a few places in Tucker County along some rivers there that could benefit from this program. Awesome idea!
Fruita Boater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015   #7
Mile 157

Guess, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1998
That's an awesome yellow cat! Keep 'em coming.
Fruita Boater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015   #8

Thomas, West Virginia
Paddling Since: 1985
Handi-kat

These are my new babys.

We called the project the 'Handi-kat' (playing off handicap) and the colors are white and accessible blue (or as close as possible) to go along with the theme.

~et

ericonthego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015   #9
swimming

Coastal, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1987
I think those are awesome, love the non mainstream choice and the quality looks great on them. Where's the fun in running a boat like everyone else has. A pretty boring world if we all drove a ford focus. Nice!
GreenWall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015   #10

Jenks, Oklahoma
K2, Do you have any inside information as to Custom Inflatables possibly selling this design on retail?
okieboater is offline   Reply With Quote