Cheap Subpar Dryboxes - Mountain Buzz

Old 08-23-2013   #1

Portland, Oregon
Paddling Since: 2008
Cheap Subpar Dryboxes

Saw this posted on the PDX Craigslist, thought I would repost here in case you see these boxes. I know nothing about them...just putting the word out

Crappy DryBoxesl

Advertisement

Old 08-23-2013   #2

portland, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1991
Quote:
Originally Posted by laterwagged View Post
Saw this posted on the PDX Craigslist, thought I would repost here in case you see these boxes. I know nothing about them...just putting the word out

Crappy DryBoxesl
what's that looks like a pipe integrated into the base of it? I thought Frontier were pretty crappy, apparently to this guy maybe a step up??

I'm just switching out all around to Canyon Inflatables boxes. well made and made in Oregon. The lids are bomber but they are making them with thicker lid material cause I'm a fat guy in a little suit .....
Old 08-23-2013   #3

Flagstaff, Arizona
Paddling Since: 1990
The bar or split pipe you see attached there, was probably an afterthought on how to deal with all of that heat distortion that happens in thin material boxes. Here's to fat guys! I would suggest that you always look very closely at the construction of any "dry"box. Warping and the like will indicate a box that will have a difficult time lasting very long!
GC Guide is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2013   #4

portland, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1991
Yeah but that location should have been a bend from a brake
Old 08-24-2013   #5

Flagstaff, Arizona
Paddling Since: 1990
Hmmm, why would you use 6063 aluminum sheet of an unknown thickness for a river dry box? I have not heard of this grade aluminum in a sheet product either, a little research confirmed that if it is made, it is pretty unavailable.
Deluxe Aluminum Dry Box - Dry Bags and Boxes
GC Guide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013   #6

Parker, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
I'm just switching out all around to Canyon Inflatables boxes. well made and made in Oregon. The lids are bomber but they are making them with thicker lid material cause I'm a fat guy in a little suit .....
NW Custom Catarafts, another quality company out of Oregon? HA

The non-deluxe model looks like an eddy-out box to me.
ColoradoJudd is offline   Reply With Quote