Cascade Mountain Tech 45 cooler review - Mountain Buzz

Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Rafting > Rafting | Gear Talk

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #1

Helena, Montana
Paddling Since: 96
Cascade Mountain Tech 45 cooler review

I don't post much but I've gotten a ton out of gear talk over the years. I feel obligated.

After some struggles sourcing a cooler for my new to me 11 year old Aire Puma I found myself wandering the isles of my local Sportsman's Holocaust with the intention of measuring actual coolers to figure out what would actually fit, beyond what the specs say....

So I stumbled upon this little cooler. It was the only one by that brand in the sea of Yetis and Coleman's.
Turns out that Cascade occupies the middle ground.

Not a piece of shit 2 day cooler with a lid that couldn't support Solomon during his big thigh phase, not a 45 pound tiny volume cooler.

Somewhere in the middle.

It's stout as fuck, I'd give it a 3-4 day rating if you know how to run a cooler.. The lid is legit, put your fattest fat chick on it and if you hear a crunch it was a little piece of your soul dying, not the cooler lid caving in.

It was tagged at $189, when the Jr High girl at the counter rang it up it was $149, Floor model/demo product.

I felt like it was worth the $189. I was willing to buy that.

I don't know if these hit your market or not, but if you see that one weird cooler in the pile it might be worth checking out.
I kind of want two more for game hauling....

It's not a Yeti. Even though the walls are very thick, the weight makes it clear that it's not stuffed full of insulation. It's not light, but it's not nearly as heavy as someone used to tossing around Yetis would expect.
And it's not a Canyon, which I believe is the perfect shitbag rafter cooler. Period.

But, honestly buzzards, it's a damn fine cooler.

*I have zero affiliation with this company. It would be awesome if they sent me some free shit.

Hey, Cascade! Send me some free shit!!!!*

Advertisement

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #2

They had these at our local Costco for pretty cheap. Looks like a decent option although if you have standard crossbars the rubber latches don't look like they would play well together.
idaho_h2o is offline   Reply With Quote