Canyon's new 13' cat review - Mountain Buzz

Old 09-16-2013   #1
swimming

Tacoma,Wa, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1994
Canyon's new 13' cat review

This weekend I had the opportunity to head over to the Tieton and make a few runs. I brought my aire 130 but had the intention of picking up a demo cat boat from Canyon Whitewater Inflatables.

If you are shopping Legends or any other brand for a playboat all I can say is take a demo in these. Multiple legend owners after chatting with them came to the same agreement , this new 13' shape they have is a notch above on the water, It out surfs, out maneuvers, tracks good and has a way more nimble feel. As far as performance with a load of gear I have no idea yet I ran it with a drybag. This one was a demo and the production has more tip rise in the front although I never came close to needing more. It has a lot more than the picture looks.

I know all the Sotar owners won't believe or it couldn't be, if you have the chance run one don't just turn up your nose try one out, I also ran a legend while I was there just to refresh my mind for comparing. Every Legend owner who took it for a spin was way impressed on the handling. I passed on the demo and ordered up a new one because I didn't wan't all black tubes and wanted to choose my colors, folding towers are a must for me and the demo boats were fixed.

The new aluminum frame of theirs I ran in was 27.3 lbs for all the light weight guys. They will even send you samples of fabric, pvc or urethane with the color seam tape you want welded on so you can preview your color combo's. Hope this helps anyone looking for a cat boat,their frames are art ( I have one on my Aire) and the tubes are looking to be a top contender with the materials that equal some of the others out there.
Corey
Here is a pic of the demo boat I ran and my proposed tube colors.
Click image for larger version

Name:	tieton weekend.jpg
Views:	509
Size:	154.7 KB
ID:	7102
Click image for larger version

Name:	colors.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	20.9 KB
ID:	7103

orto11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2013   #2

Coquitlam, BC, Canada
Paddling Since: 2013
?

Do you work for Canyon?
SpeyCatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013   #3
swimming

Tacoma,Wa, Idaho
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeyFitter View Post
Do you work for Canyon?
I play in the dirt for a living.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2013   #4

portland, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1991
Tieton is definately the river I'd choose to test out a new boat design, but I gotta ask, we're some of the local ponds too dry?
Old 09-16-2013   #5
swimming

Tacoma,Wa, Idaho
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
Tieton is definately the river I'd choose to test out a new boat design, but I gotta ask, we're some of the local ponds too dry?
No It is half way between my current jobsite and home and they were
having a band Sat night so I went boating instead of driving home for the weekend
Old 09-16-2013   #6

Poundtown, Wokastan
Paddling Since: 420
I hope canyon takes more pride in their boats than their web site. Its always been my experience that good boat builders take care of the small details of business too. A simple web site should be the easiest part of their business. Less than the cost of 1 boat! Kinda makes me wonder what else they let slide? or don't have time for.....
Old 09-16-2013   #7

portland, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1991
Tell that to Sotar and Maravia. Only boat makers who know anything about web design are aire and Jacks and those are even marginal!!!
Old 09-16-2013   #8

billings, Montana
ive been interested in actually ordering one. I have asked for pics . They have only sent one said they have been so busy they have not had time to take any. Guess they are killing it.
ptex1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013   #9

Antarctica, Alabama
Paddling Since: 1981
Spam, spam

Annoying spam for Canyon Whitewater Inflatables again.
klickitat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013   #10

billings, Montana
my comment is pure sarcasm. ust terrible customer service
ptex1 is offline   Reply With Quote