Camp Chef Everest - Mountain Buzz

Old 04-03-2019   #1

little rock, Arkansas
Camp Chef Everest

I know several buzzards are fans of this stove. It appears Camp Chef has discontinued it, but LL Bean has some for $99.95. At checkout they automatically apply a 25% discount for a price of $75 with free shipping. I'd love to have a Partner and will at some point I'm sure, but this'll do just fine for now I spect.

lncoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2019   #2

Denver, Colorado
I like mine. A little bigger than the green ones and hotter.
markhusbands is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019   #3

little rock, Arkansas
Yeah, those 20k BTU burners will come in handy. Most of our float camping is on Ozarks streams. Excellent water quality but needs to be boiled. I've just been using my backpacking stove for that but this will be much better and cheaper.
lncoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2019   #4

Bend, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1992
These are the burners you are looking for

They change up the outer box and rename them every few years, but the magic is in the 20k btu burners for Camp Chef, and those have stayed pretty consistent for a long time. The burners will keep going long after the stove itself has succumbed to use. That is a great deal.
Old 04-03-2019   #5

Just used one for a week on the Salt. Awesome stove, especially for $75.

At $75, Partner who???
BGillespie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019   #6

Jackson, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 2011
I have one that I bought an adapter for so I can hook it up to a big propane tank. My problem is that the stock regulator has been mediocre from day one.

At first I thought it was the adapter- but after trying the mini tanks, it is definitely the regulator.

I haven't sprung to buy a new one- because IMO it sucks that it has failed since day one, and due to the funky time of purchase (I bought it in winter and didn't use it or realize this failure until the spring time) it wasn't covered by warranty.
luckylauren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019   #7

Belgrade, Montana
Paddling Since: 1991
I've had problems with the regulator as well. Buy a spare - You can get one from camp chef, but stansport fittings work as well and are cheaper. You can also get one that is on a hose instead of the hard pipe, which is easier if your using a bulk tank.

There is a lot of discussion on this issue in this thread: https://www.mountainbuzz.com/forums/...ure-84274.html

including a nice write up on another solution direction from camp chef.

I love the stove and wouldn't trade it for a partner... what I'd like to do is build a more robust stove around the burners - including a different regulator set up.... but that's for another discussion.
Old 04-03-2019   #8

Salt Lake City, Utah
I have two of them that I'm about to put up for sale if anyone wants a great deal in the SLC area. As far as that type of stove goes, I think they're the best, but the Partner is worth the money in the long run, IMO. The regulator tripping up and difficulty of the connections is enough for me to not want to deal with them.
bcpnick is offline   Reply With Quote