Built another fishing frame - Mountain Buzz

Old 07-20-2015   #1

East MT, WestMT, Both sides of the Yellowstone
Paddling Since: 09
Built another fishing frame

This one is a regular sized frame for a local guide. The anchor rope runs inside the pipe so it wont get caught with hooks. It is also a two part line for easy anchor retrieval. Going to test drive it and take it in for a powder coating.

spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2015   #2

East of the Pine beatle, Colorado
Can you explain the 2 part line?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Mountain Buzz mobile app
Osseous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015   #3

Great Falls, Montana
Paddling Since: .3
That looks sweet spider! Thanks for showing us. I would totally do a boat like that over a drift boat.
ob1coby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2015   #4

Has a pully on the anchor and the dead end of the line goes to the anchor mount. Kinda like a Z drag. Line goes though the pipe through a pully and then through the anchor pully and back to to the anchor mount resulting in a reduced amount of pull needed to retrieve anchor.
Old 07-20-2015   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ob1coby View Post
That looks sweet spider! Thanks for showing us. I would totally do a boat like that over a drift boat.
Water is getting thin, beating up the hard boats. Haven't weighed it but its fairly light. Went with 1 1/4" pipe throughout since they get some fairly large clients on occasion.

We can do some stuff to make your wave destroyer into a two man fishing rig pretty easily.
Old 07-20-2015   #6

You do some nice work for sure. Especially like your bends. Careful on the front seat though. From experience, that front weld could be a weak point, lot of energy focused there. I usually add some additional support to a seat mount at an angle like that.
festivus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by festivus View Post
You do some nice work for sure. Especially like your bends. Careful on the front seat though. From experience, that front weld could be a weak point, lot of energy focused there. I usually add some additional support to a seat mount at an angle like that.
Thanks. I was worried about that angle as well and that's why I used 1 1/4" there instead of several 1". Not my design on the front, he wanted to be able to access his cooler and get some better weight distribution. The back seat is moved forward as well to get weight in the boat and off the tube. The sotar strike is a much better design than the otter for fishing in my opinion. I'm doing one of those next.
Old 07-22-2015   #8

After the test run I did add a 3rd point to the front seat.
Old 07-24-2015   #9

Belgrade, Montana
Paddling Since: 1991
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osseous View Post
Can you explain the 2 part line?
2to1 anchor rope is the bomb - I'm running a 50 lb anchor and it's the only way I can pull it - and it pulls really fast and easily. I "toughed" it out for years with a 45lb anchor and cannot believe how stupid I was to not go 2 to 1 sooner...

Highly recommended.
Old 07-24-2015   #10

Up shites creek, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
how much for that sweet couch in the pic?