BioLite 'Smokeless' Fire Pit - Mountain Buzz

Old 10-18-2017   #1

Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 2000
BioLite 'Smokeless' Fire Pit

Saw this BioLite 'Smokeless' Fire Pit the other day and it seemed interesting. Similar size to some of the firepans out there, a little lighter weight, and with legs 5+ inches high should meet the fire pan restrictons. At $199 it seems pretty spendy at first glance, but I suppose it might have a place in the backyard as well as the river. Know some of the fancy fire pans out there go for about the same price as well.

Not really sure I'm in the market for one of these, but thought I'd share and see if folks had any thoughts. Looks like they've already sold about 11k in a month so there might be something to it.

dirtyoar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2017   #2
faja

Eugene, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1991
I picked one up, supposed to get it in April. We'll see how it works but it seems like a really good, multi-purpose design.
fajawiebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017   #3

Vancouver, Washington
Paddling Since: 2013
Just backed this as well. Easy choice for me, didn't have a firepan yet and will need one whenever I can pull a permit and jump from day trips to overnights.
galaxyknuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2017   #4

Minturn, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2010
Very sweet contraption. When I was logging, and we worked a site that didn't allow hauling of timber, we burned it. We had a machine that worked on the same forced air principle. The AirBurner would burn so hot there was virtually zero by-product. This would help on big multi day trips, reducing the amount of ashes hauled from one camp to the next.

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz
Sherpa9543 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017   #5
Paddling in to the Future

Boise, Idaho
Paddling Since: 2000
logging but not allowed to haul it? (this doesn't make sense.. why even harvest if it if you can't haul it?)