Best Screws for Military Valves - Mountain Buzz

Old 08-08-2017   #1

Ceres, California
Paddling Since: 1999
Send a message via ICQ to ryanx7 Send a message via AIM to ryanx7 Send a message via MSN to ryanx7 Send a message via Yahoo to ryanx7 Send a message via Skype™ to ryanx7
Best Screws for Military Valves

I'm in the process of swapping out a few military style valves on an old hyside raft. I was able to find new metal valves, but not screws. The old screws are corroded /rusted, and I'm not even sure they were ever the right ones.

I was wondering if anyone new the specifications for the ideal screws for military valves? NRS has some on their site, but they do not give the specifications and are back ordered. I was hoping that I could just pick some up at the hardware store.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

ryanx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2017   #2

Sandy, Utah
Paddling Since: 1997
Speaking of older valves. I have a friend looking for 2 valves for an older Maravia. AD2 valves. Any intel on where to find them is appreciated. Maravia/Cascade Outfitters does not have them.
Old 08-08-2017   #3

Ceres, California
Send a message via ICQ to ryanx7 Send a message via AIM to ryanx7 Send a message via MSN to ryanx7 Send a message via Yahoo to ryanx7 Send a message via Skype™ to ryanx7
Quote:
Originally Posted by cataraftgirl View Post
Speaking of older valves. I have a friend looking for 2 valves for an older Maravia. AD2 valves. Any intel on where to find them is appreciated. Maravia/Cascade Outfitters does not have them.
I've read elsewhere that you can replace the AD2's with military valves (though it might be a bit of an aqua seal and make the screws fit kind of project).

Still a better option than cutting boots out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2017   #4

Grand Junction, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1990
Link to screws on Hyside's website

https://hyside.com/product/mmv-infla...y-style-valve/
RivRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017   #5

Colo Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1980
You didn't write if you already tried Hyside. hyside.com 800-868-5987

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanx7 View Post
I'm in the process of swapping out a few military style valves on an old hyside raft. I was able to find new metal valves, but not screws. The old screws are corroded /rusted, and I'm not even sure they were ever the right ones.

I was wondering if anyone new the specifications for the ideal screws for military valves? NRS has some on their site, but they do not give the specifications and are back ordered. I was hoping that I could just pick some up at the hardware store.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
David L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017   #6

Ceres, California

After a bit of looking I went with these ones. They are a tiny bit shorter than the stock ones, but are holding the valve in with no leakage.

Here is the link to them on amazon if anyone else needs them.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M6777X9