Barrel pump storage ideas? - Mountain Buzz

Old 09-11-2014   #1
Dipshit with the most.

Bellevue, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1991
Barrel pump storage ideas?

So I have your typical 4 inch barrel pump and sometimes I clove hitch the hose so I can strap it to the body and sometimes I stick in dry box if there is room and sometimes it gets buried in the drop bag but I am looking for a more elegant solution.

I am thinking of some kind of bag that opens big enough to get it in and out quickly with a couple of built in straps to restrain the hose a bit. I played around with velcro last night but haven't dialed it in yet.

Anyone have any ideas?
There has to be someone smarter than I out there who has gone through this already.

carvedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2014   #2

Lake Oswego, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1983
I put my 6 in. barrel pump in a bag you use to ship your golf bags in. I paid $2 for it at a garage sale. Works great when I pack that beast on my boat.
OregonianRG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014   #3
Dipshit with the most.

Bellevue, Idaho
Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonianRG View Post
I put my 6 in. barrel pump in a bag you use to ship your golf bags in. I paid $2 for it at a garage sale. Works great when I pack that beast on my boat.
Got a picture?
carvedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2014   #4

Lake Oswego, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1983
nope. it's just a simple canvas bag with a wide zippered opening and a strap to carry it.
OregonianRG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014   #5

Belgrade, Montana
So my k-pump came with a roll-top bag (K-Pump Inflatable Top Off Hand Pump - K-Pump K400 - Bag) that does basically what your looking for. I've tried to think of "real-world" analog but have failed. If you want a silly, non elegant idea, cut a leg off a pair of old jeans and see if it all fits, if so and you or someone you love sews you could either sew it up... or if sewing's an option, make nice, long-slender bag out of some cheap fabric... or even have one of the strap builders make you one if you want to get real fancy...
Old 09-11-2014   #6

p.c., confused
Paddling Since: 1978
I use a zippered mesh bag that I also put a few extra cam straps and rope or left over items into. Its the last thing to get strapped to the pile behind the rower and is real handy to get in and out of.
rivh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014   #7
Plunk your magic twanger!

New Castle, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
I bought a K-Pump specifically because it fit in the small space between the top curve of my tube, under the deck, alongside the cooler. This was after trying to keep my barrel pump accessible and unstrapping it from the gear pile and setting it aside and realizing the next morning it must have gone overboard while derigging.
Gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014   #8

Flagstaff, Arizona
Paddling Since: 93
Jack's makes a bag that works well. Call them and ask them about the dimensions of the pump and if it would it. My buddy runs his pump in this bag.

Display Products
topbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014   #9

Park City, Utah
Sorry to hijack, but Elk - how do you like the k-400? I like the high & low volume versatility in a small pump. Seems easy to use and switch from high to low volume & vice versa. I like my k-100 and their custy service has been great, but if I needed to pump a raft with a k100, I don't think my arms could withstand the strokes, and they are conditioned for 'those kind' of strokes😏

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz
Roddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014   #10
Boy Howdy!

Colotucky, USA
Paddling Since: 2006
Cascade has a pump bag on page 12 of its catalouge