Mountain Buzz banner

Bar Tacks SLC area?

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  wdeutsch 
#1 ·
I've always bought buckles and webbing then had Kirkhams in SLC, UT sew bar tacks where needed. Since they are out of business does anyone know where I can take buckles and webbing and have the buckles, loops, etc. bar tacked? Kirkhams has morphed into Springbar and they do not do any custom sewing, I was told by an employee on site last week.

#3 ·
I don't know any place specifically, but I went to a place that does repair of luggage and they were happy to sew some buckles onto a backpack. you may have to explain to them exactly how to do it, but a place like that, or a place that does furniture recovering might be a place to start.

#5 ·
Gbob,

How many pieces are you needing done? Are you willing to accept functional (and strong!), but less than beautiful bar tacks? How soon do you need them done? If not too many pieces and you don't need them yesterday, I might be able to help you out.

My sewing machine is currently set up for some river projects and I might be able to help you out next week before I disappear for the Main Salmon the week after that.

PM me if you want to see if we can mesh our schedules. A couple beers or a little whiskey should cover the cost of my time/thread. :)

Will

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.