Avon Rafts - Mountain Buzz

Old 09-23-2012   #1

rochester, Washington
Paddling Since: 1974
Avon Rafts

I was wondering if you can still buy Avon Rafts in the U.S.? I cant find them on Claveys sight anymore.

Don2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2012   #2

Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1975
clavey sent out an email last year(?) that they were no longer carrying avon in stock but would special order if someone wanted one. maybe that's changed but i'd just email/call them and ask.
upshitscreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012   #3

rochester, Washington
Thanks for the info.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2012   #4

Lakewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Yes, AAA Inflatables in Denver carries them.

AAA Inflatable Repair, Inc - The answer to all of your Whitewater Rafting and Float Fishing outfitting and equipment needs.
SBarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012   #5

Vail, CO
Paddling Since: 2008
Considering that Clavey was the sole distributor of Avon in the US, I don't think AAA "carries" them. They might have one or two left in stock (doubt it $$$$) but they were, most certainly, ordering from Clavey like everyone else. Your best bet at getting one these days is to contact a shop that sells their Rib and Tender boats. Get up with them now and you'll see it when the 2013 boats come in from Wales.

As a side note...
I heard that Avon (which was bought out by Zodiac many years ago) will no longer bare the Avon name/logo. Apparently, they will all be under the Zodiac name/logo now. Not sure if this is true or not. ???
Old 09-26-2012   #6
sh$t show voyeuor/host

Barnard(Marshall), North Carolina
Paddling Since: wen?
Any insight into these changes?
matt cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012   #7

Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1975
mc, for the clavey part, here is the email they sent to customers...

2012 Avon Update!
For the 2012 selling season, Clavey Paddlesports will not be stocking Avon riverboats for sale. We are happy to contact the factory for lead times and model availability for consumers wishing to place a special order. After confirming lead time, we will require a non-refundable deposit on the order. We will advise the projected delivery date after confirmation with the Avon factory.

Though we regret having to make this decision, unfavorable market and economic conditions, along with escalating labor and raw material costs have made it difficult for us to continue to stock Avon rafts for the consumer.
upshitscreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012   #8

Shelby, North Carolina
Paddling Since: 2012
What would be the next closest raft to an Avon that you can purchase in the US? A NRS E series?
GosuPaintballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012   #9

rochester, Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by GosuPaintballer View Post
What would be the next closest raft to an Avon that you can purchase in the US? A NRS E series?
Probably a Hyside? If hyplon is what your looking for.
Old 09-28-2012   #10
sh$t show voyeuor/host

Barnard(Marshall), North Carolina
Paddling Since: wen?
I may be wrong, but Vangaurd (glued PVC) looks to be a pvc copy of avon. never seen one up close but from afar the construction looks similar. I believe they said you can still purchase Avons in the US you just have to order them in advance and wait.
matt cook is offline   Reply With Quote