Aire Tributary 12 HD Reviews? - Mountain Buzz

Old 05-09-2019   #1

Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
Aire Tributary 12 HD Reviews?

I am looking at a sweet deal on a trib 12. Anyone own one and have opinions on it that they want to share? Can't find much out there on the internetty.

I have a big 156R all decked for family multidays. This will be a play boat (R2-4) with a simple row frame as well. I plan on 3 thwarts and a simple nrs 27x60 frame and 8.5 ft oars.

This boat will be for tighter day runs, solo/super light overnights and and to extend my lower water capabilities (Ark, Piedra, Taos Box, Salt, etc.).

I know, I should get a super puma and the tribs 20 a little heavy. But I am looking at a 2k price diff and my 2 sons will be rough on this boat anyway.

What to you like or not like about this boat? What have you hit with it? What size frame and oars do you run?

Thanks for any info. James

jamesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2019   #2

Loveland, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1990
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesg View Post
I am looking at a sweet deal on a trib 12. Anyone own one and have opinions on it that they want to share? Can't find much out there on the internetty.

I have a big 156R all decked for family multidays. This will be a play boat (R2-4) with a simple row frame as well. I plan on 3 thwarts and a simple nrs 27x60 frame and 8.5 ft oars.

This boat will be for tighter day runs, solo/super light overnights and and to extend my lower water capabilities (Ark, Piedra, Taos Box, Salt, etc.).

I know, I should get a super puma and the tribs 20 a little heavy. But I am looking at a 2k price diff and my 2 sons will be rough on this boat anyway.

What to you like or not like about this boat? What have you hit with it? What size frame and oars do you run?

Thanks for any info. James

BUY IT !!!!! My first boat was a Used 12' Trib and I did a week on the Main Salmon with my wife in 2011. A bit overloaded but it was a great boat. I sold it to SIL and she takes it on day trips and extended trips. Its still holding up even after all these years (and it was used commercially before I bought it). We also did a super high water Browns day trip with 4 of us and it performed like a champ. My son is running a Used 12' Trib and he takes it everywhere - Main Salmon, Lodore, Deso, Browns. MFS. He also overloads it a bit but it still performs.

I now have a 14' Trib that I use for extended trips and love it also. Many will disagree, but I love the ballast floor. Running BIG waves, like Lodore at 9000, or MFS at 5', the boat punches waves like a champ.

I forget the oar size, but my son has a Gary Strome frame with 8.5" oars.

I say BUY IT!!

https://www.mountainbuzz.com/forums/...cture11055.jpg
John_in_Loveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019   #3

Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
Thanks for the reply John. Too good of a deal to pass up. Trigger is pulled!
jamesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 4 Weeks Ago   #4

Beaverton, Oregon
Paddling Since: 2005
We have a 13' blue and grey Trib. It's a great boat for us. We run it both as a paddle boat and an oar boat depending on the mission.
brandob9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #5

page, Arizona
Paddling Since: 2014
the new"HD" material is bomber!!! i have a 16 that i have abused and it is an amazing boat
azpowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #6

Sacramento, California
Paddling Since: 1989
Exactly what azpowell said, the new material is fantastic. I own a niner, but that material makes the raft able to handle a lot more abuse.
Styk33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #7

laramie, wy
Paddling Since: 2010
Does anyone know if the old Tributary 12 is the same exact dimensions as the new HD? also, what size frames are people running on those? 60" wide with 8 or 9' oars?
Kirks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aire