Aire Service - Mountain Buzz

Old 05-25-2019   #1

Mesa, Arizona
Aire Service

Bought my 156R in 2007 directly from Aire so I could order it the way I wanted it. I was on the Main Salmon in 2009 and had what appeared to be a serious floor issue so I went home through Boise and dropped the raft off at Aire's shop. They replaced a faulty bladder and sent the raft back to me at no charge. Absolutely excellent service.
Just got out of the Grand Canyon last Sunday and encountered another issue with the floor. I have the sealed floor pocket and discovered at the take out that the Opti-Seal zippers had completely deteriorated and separated from the floor. I was completely surprised by this and very agitated because I was now 2 years past my 10 year warranty and was not looking forward to what could be a rather large repair bill on a 12 year old raft that has been kept indoors and meticulously maintained. I called Aire and spoke with Rider in the service department and after a short conversation he informed me that my year raft had some problems with the zippers and if I would pay shipping to them he would repair it and ship it back to me at no other cost. Basically extending my warranty. Needless to say I was ecstatic! I shipped the floor and bladder to them yesterday, cost me $71 to send them.
I have owned a few Aire products and have always been happy with them. I wanted to give them credit for standing behind their products even after the warranty had expired. This is exactly why I buy Aire and will continue to do so in the future. While their products are by no means inexpensive their service and customer relations skills are priceless.
RichH

RichH is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2019   #2

Treasure Valley, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1991
I have the same raft- and Rider has helped me out on a couple of occasions to get it repaired!!! They also fix everything at a reasonable rate- imho.

Side Note:

I decided to try out some new coffee creamer- International Delight- Flavor: CINNIBON. This stuff is great!
NativeDiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019   #3

Arnold, California
Thanks for the customer service post. I have several Aire boats and havenít ever needed it but itís nice to know itís there.
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2019   #4

Salida, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1983
+1 for AIRE's warranty department

I know Alan Hamilton who owns AIRE, he's a quality guy running a stand up business. While I'd not own a bladder boat for numerous reasons, bladders and zippers being 2 of them, they are reasonably priced for what they are, and having been in the business, have NEVER heard of a bad customer relation scenario.

Their warranty is one of the best in the business, I knew a guy that sent his boat back yearly for repairs, and they always took care of him.

I just don't want to have to send my boats back to the manufacturer at all..... But it's nice to know that if you have to, it'll be a smooth easy time.
MNichols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019   #5

thornton, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1969
MNichols, did you work for RMRE? AIRE is a great company.
raymo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019   #6

Salida, Colorado
No, but Paul and Sibyl are very dear friends of mine, and one of the guides that did, actually married my wife and I.
Old 05-26-2019   #7

thornton, Colorado
Very cool MNichols, would Paul be Tomato(river name)? No biggy just curious.
Old 05-26-2019   #8

Salida, Colorado
LOL, I do believe so now that I think about it. He got taken down hard by a stroke some 8 odd years ago, but doing well all things considered, and making the best of a horrible situation last I heard.
Old 05-26-2019   #9

thornton, Colorado
Paul is one great boatman and was one of my instructors that taught me alot. Hope he is doing well, I myself had a nasty heart attack and mild stroke. Only reason I ask is Alan's brother is married to Cindy who use to work for RMRE I believe and is a great person, just want to know how she is doing. I was teaching her how to fly many years ago, than just lost contact.
Old 05-26-2019   #10

Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2012
I bought an '08 that was purchased for commercial use so it was out of warranty 6 years ago, Ryder sent me a new floor bladder, new handles to replace my rotten out webbing style ones AND patches with the Aire logo printed on them to cover up my originals that had cracked off. All of those were from experiment's gone wrong in that era, even so I can't believe they covered anything that far out of warranty, amazing service.
Fly By Night is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aire