Aire Lynx II...a little drier on the butt cheeks? - Mountain Buzz

Old 05-27-2019   #1

Golden, Colorado
Aire Lynx II...a little drier on the butt cheeks?

Currently, Iíve got a Hyside outfitter tandem IKy. Overall, I like it. Mostly Iíll sit on the thwart paddling easy stuff. However, sitting down on the floor though rapids or flatwater, well, itís cheeks in a ever present puddle on the floor.

So with that said, I am looking to get a spare IK for when folks visit,etc. and wondering if the Aire Lynx II is a drier ride? My dad has a Aire Trib Sawtooth for lakes and it runs dry for bottoms but no idea on a lynx II loaded out for multi day trips.

Inputs?

PS- I will choke out anyone and everyone telling me about Aireís fucking great warranty and customer service. Fair warning!

griz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2019   #2
Sponsoring Vendors

Paddling Since: 1994
Maybe a marginally thicker floor. Loaded down I think you'll be sitting in water in any ducky. I forget the name of the one designed for the verde by sotar. It'll come to me after i make the post. PM "chutney" if you want more info on it. That would be the ticket if you want a drier ride. You could look at that lil Jacks cat/ducky hybrid as well. Gotta imagine its a little drier on the flats but I've never run one. Ive had ok luck sitting on a throw cushion on top of the seat in a trib. The extra 2.5" gets me just out of the the always soggy zone, though I'm still kinda always soggy in a ducky; they're wet.
Old 05-28-2019   #3

Florence, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
Look at your tube sizes. I stay fairly dry in my tomcat tributary 11.5" tubes, at least on flatter stuff. My force, 10.5 " tubes , always wet. Outfitter has bigger tubes yet at 12.5 " and lynx at 11". Would have to think size of tubes matters. An aire has a great wa.......
formerflatlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2019   #4

Golden, Colorado
10 4. With all that info, I think I’ll just get a paddlilac II down the line and rig up some seat cushions for them both. It’s got 13” tubes so maybe that’ll help abit, as well. Not a big deal, was just curious if aire maybe designed it better plus aire always has the stuff in stock. Hyside, not so much.

Formerflatlander, soooo close to the darkness.....
griz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019   #5

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1988
To offer a different perspective...I've got both a JPW Packcat (12") and a Fatcat (19")....very happy with both, particularly as "loaners" as well as being much drier than a Duckie and stable for novice paddlers. For the latter and more versatile Fatcat, you can also adapt the tubes to a small cat or JPW Cutthroat row frame.
waterdude is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aire