Aire Force on Sale at NRS - Mountain Buzz

Old 09-02-2014   #1
Beginner

Eastern Slope, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1980
Aire Force on Sale at NRS

I've talked up the Force a lot on this forum over the years, and I do believe the current model is the best IK ever made. I just noticed it's part of the NRS clearance at $1279. Thought I'd give everyone interested in these a "heads up."

Of course this post would make more sense in an IK forum...

Randaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2014   #2
Jared

Dundee, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1989
I saw that, made me wonder if NRS is just going to stop selling them, or are they going out of production all together. I bought a Force XL on 9-11-2001 and paddled it all over for about 10 years. It was a great boat, until I got too fat for it
Old 09-03-2014   #3
Beginner

Eastern Slope, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1980
Learch, you should try the new one, it has bigger tubes. That or jogging. ; )

I bet they don't sell too many of them, but I hope they don't discontinue it. I've only seen one of the new ones on the river since they came out in 2012.
Randaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2014   #4

Carbondale, Colorado
Paddling Since: 05
looks like only 1 yellow left....

any idea what the max weight limit on these is?! just wondering because the 10ft SOTAR only has 200lb max paddler weight.... and yet the 11' ft sotar has a 375lb weight limit...
GratefulOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014   #5

Jackson, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 1966
FWIW, Aire site says load capacity = 275lb.
(But that doesn't necessarily mean it will perform at its best at 275 - for example, boatpeople says over 200, you'll be sitting in some water unless you keep the floor rock hard).
johnovice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014   #6

Jackson, Wyoming
Quote:
Originally Posted by GratefulOne View Post
...the 10ft SOTAR only has 200lb max paddler weight.... and yet the 11' ft sotar has a 375lb weight limit...
Where did you get those numbers? (I don't see that on the Sotar site -- maybe you spoke with them?) That does seem like a huge difference for 1 foot -- maybe tube diameter is larger on the 11'?

Edit: Oh, I see paddler weight vs. total weight limit -- that might have somethingto do with it.
Old 09-03-2014   #7

Carbondale, Colorado
on the left side of their page, you can click on the link to download their brochure or whatever.... that is the ONLY place the max weight is listed.... I know the numbers don't make sense to me either... but its true... I have confirmed on the phone...

and I didn't mean to put two different symantics.... its 200lb total weight limit for the 10 ft and 375 weight limit for the 11'.... I know it doesn't make much sense...

I had bought a 10 footer from the hot sheet.... but then realized im over the limit and am having to pay a pretty penny to make the change to an 11....

I paddled the 10 a good bit ,,, and I love the boat, but did feel a bit squirrelly... thus I am making the change to an 11. ... after I get some time on the 11', I will post a review of the two... because there is not a lot of info on SOTAR IK's.. and there is no other boat id rather own!!! def. my favorite. However I have not paddled a force, but seen a few....
Old 09-03-2014   #8

Carbondale, Colorado
http://sotar.com/price-list/retail-price-list.pdf
Old 09-03-2014   #9

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2011
Shameless Plug... Don't forget to use Active Junky to get an 5% cash back from all NRS purchases.
NRS Coupons: Get coupon codes, promo codes & cash back
thaGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014   #10

Jackson, Wyoming
Quote:
Originally Posted by GratefulOne View Post
Gracias for that link -- I forgot about that price list (and that it has some additional specs buried in it that are not in the standard boat section -- I guess it's more impopratant that they build good boats than websites). I've been thinking of a Sotar 11' IK for a while but just haven't been able to justify the $ (maybe if I tried one and couldn't resist).

Tags
aire