Mountain Buzz banner

Aire Discount?

10K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  el-duderino 
#1 ·
So I’ve decided, well my wife is allowing me, to buy a new raft. I’ve decided on an Aire 156R. We won’t be hitting the water till spring so I do have some time but I was wondering if there are any known sales on Aire boats. I know they rarely go on sale but obviously, even a 10% discount would be pretty huge. Thanks for any advice!

#5 ·
I'm local so take it for what its worth but DRE has sales around this time of year on certain AIRE boats. I've screen shot the deals the last several years. In 2017 they had 160D which retailed at the time for $5,149.00 and was on sale for $4,376.675. Just to give you an example of discount levels that come up.

That was December 8, 2017

#6 ·
The last few years Aire has done a 15% promotion that you can get through all of their dealers. It was different times of year...and no guarantee when or if they'll do it again but its something to think about.

I bought my first Aire during one of those promotions from Outdoorplay. They do free shipping and no tax...so that can save you a ton too. Their 20% off deals they typically DO NOT include Aire stuff...or at least not the rafts. Trust me...I tried.

My last one I talked to Matt at Four Corners Riversports in Durango (and Cascade and Outdoorplay too) and he gave me the best deal. I was happy with both deals.

A lot of places may not do a discount on the boat or not as big a deal, but they will give a discount on all of the gear you buy with the boat so that may be worth it if you need frames, oars, straps, etc.

If you don't need a brand new setup... a used one is always gonna be the best deal especially if you can find a package that comes with everything you need to get on the river.

#7 ·
I'm pretty sure sotar is doing a 15% industry appreciation sale right now on gear and boats. They also have an overstock of some 13' boats that are supposed to be discounted pretty heavily. I'm not sure of the exact details but I got an email from my outfitter about it. They were asked to let all of their guides know. I guess they're boats from some race that they sponsored. 13' is too small for my liking and I get prodeals so there's not really any reason for me to go in to the store. Figured I would pass it on if anyone is interested.

#9 ·
Backcountry (yeah the sue happy retailer) does offer their discounts and coupons towards NRS and Aire boats (they just sent me a 20% off one item) and you can often get up to 15% cash back through ibotta on top of the discount. Don't think they sell the R series but they do have the D and DD as well as the puma series.

#11 ·
We are offering a 10% gift card on any AIRE raft you purchase that you can put towards any accessories you need, if you purchase a boat through CRG you also get 15% off of all purchases for 90 days which makes it a sweet deal when you are rigging a new river ride! Let us know if we can help with anything and Happy Thanksgiving to you ALL :-D

Keep it Right Side Up,
Renee

#15 ·
[Given what BCDC has done to small companies, why would ANYONE use them!!! But go ahead, sell your soul.] Couldn't agree more to what John_in_Loveland had to say, spot on.

That goes for both the recommendations of Backcountry and Outdoorplay. They're just drop ship companies. Maybe when someone wants to buy a raft they can get some ski poles, running shoes, and a climbing portaledge at the same time. If you are in Colorado like your username suggests go to Riverboat Works out of Salida or DRE out of Denver, companies that specialize and have a passion for the whitewater industry, companies that are being creative and manufacturing products for rafting and not just drop shipping everything outdoor sports. Talk to them and you'd probably get a similar discount as what the the people are saying about the drop ship companies. If you can get the same deals from any brick and mortar stores and support people that have put a lot of sweat into the industry then why wouldn't you.

#17 ·
If you are in Colorado like your username suggests go to Riverboat Works out of Salida or DRE out of Denver, companies that specialize and have a passion for the whitewater industry, companies that are being creative and manufacturing products for rafting and not just drop shipping everything outdoor sports. Talk to them and you'd probably get a similar discount as what the the people are saying about the drop ship companies. If you can get the same deals from any brick and mortar stores and support people that have put a lot of sweat into the industry then why wouldn't you.

Unfortunately with the expansion of REI the local outdoor retailers in my area have closed. So I am forced to travel. It wasn’t a big deal when I regularly traveled to the Bay Area for work. I could drop by Clavey or The Boat People. I could also call Backcountry and have real conversations. This was several years ago & I felt Backcountry had a small retailer feel. Unfortunately this seemed to have gone by the wayside and a few months ago it became obvious why.
It’s my experience that Cascade does their best to provide quality service & support, while still making a profit.
That being said, if I had a local retailer I’d readily support them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.