a new cleaner - Mountain Buzz

Old 12-17-2015   #1

Great Falls, Montana
Paddling Since: .3
a new cleaner

Has anyone tried this? I'm always on the lookout for better cleaners that don't harm the rubber in any way.

ob1coby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2015   #2

Aurora, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
I wonder how much of the results are from cleaning product vs elbow grease.

I also wonder if I want to use a cleaning product that they claim will remove 30 year old glue...yikes.

If it is all that, I definitely want some, because that boat in the video is very clean.
climbdenali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015   #3

C. Springs, Colorado
It looks too good to be true.
caverdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2015   #4

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
I watched that video on YouTube yesterday, claims seemed to good to be true. That said I'd like to give it a try.
k2andcannoli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015   #5

Missoula, Montana
Paddling Since: 1992
I'd be more impressed and interested if they had an actual video instead of a slideshow of still images with no context on how much work actually went into the cleaning. Orange oil cleaners aren't new, and I'm not surprised they could take old glue off (GooGone, anyone?), I don't know enough about materials to make any kind of statement about the impact of 303 vs orange oil on rubber, but I'm guessing the citrus oil is rougher on the rubber than 303.
seantana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015   #6

C. Springs, Colorado
I'd like to see what it does to other fabrics and plastics before I'd try it on one of my old Avons. Achilles is made of it's own fabric made by them. From their web site

{Achilles Inflatables are manufactured using chlorosulphonated polyethylene, or CSM fabric that is made by the Achilles Corporation in Japan. CSM is a synthetic rubber compound that is used in the outer coating of our material. Because of the physical characteristics of CSM, it can not be heat welded. All of our boats need to be glued by hand. The reason we continue to use CSM despite its cost (both as a fabric and because of the increased labor costs for producing a hand made product) is because it has historically proven to be perhaps the best material for the manufacture of inflatable boats. The reasons the fabric performs so well include, but are not limited to: UV resistance, abrasion resistance, and resistance to oil and gas all things that boats are subject to in the marine environment. CSM fabric is manufactured by a calendaring process, and our final product consists of four layers. There are two inside layers of chloroprene for air retention, a supporting layer of core fabric (either Nylon or Polyester), and an outside coating of CSM. It is a multi-step process, and the end result is a very strong supported fabric.}
caverdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015   #7

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
(Homer Simpson) MMMMMMMmmmm....Chloroprene
k2andcannoli is online now   Reply With Quote