Whitewater Capital of the West? - Page 5 - Mountain Buzz

Old 12-26-2019   #41

Boise, Idaho
Paddling Since: 2012
Idaho has garbage boating! You should definitely move to Colorado to boat or California!

Purplepaddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2019   #42

Rocklin, California
Paddling Since: 1984
So many great towns

I grew up guiding out of Coloma, and while itís a humble little place, itís really hard to beat as a central location in the midst of more than 200 different runs in California. (Thatís not a typo. There might be 300 if you really broke them up.)
Iíve lived and worked in CO for a couple of years, worked a season in WV, and boated on the Kern, in Idaho, Oregon, New Zealand and elsewhere, weighting heaviest on class V runs. I wouldnít diss any of these places. All have great people and boating. The Kern is really cool because there are so many separate sections to run.
But Iím back in NorCal again, though, in part because of my career. But boating out here is incredible, road and trail access is good, people are friendly, and weather is very good.
zipkruse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #43

Fresno, California
Paddling Since: 1990
Ok Hookers and blow is a stretch for the Buzz
I will settle or free camping close to Salida or B.V. so I can go to town bar and not jail Suggestions??........
Thank you all and like Nancy told us just say no and it will all be ok.....
Advertisement

Old 1 Week Ago   #44

idaho falls, Idaho
Paddling Since: 2010
Idaho Falls has access to several rivers (both whitewater and calm floats). In the summer months it's really hard to beat! That's my vote.

Although, in spring Oregon is pretty Sweet!
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #45

Idaho Falls, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1972
Yep, Idaho Sucks

Idaho is too spread out and has way too many permits. Water is too wet. Sometimes the wind blows. It sometimes even has water fall from the sky. There is nothing here worth messing with. Nothing. Not even the girls.
Lipripper60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #46

Salida, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1983
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lipripper60 View Post
Idaho is too spread out and has way too many permits. Water is too wet. Sometimes the wind blows. It sometimes even has water fall from the sky. There is nothing here worth messing with. Nothing. Not even the girls.
Not to mention that, but it's my understanding that Idaho women have more testosterone than the Idaho men!
MNichols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Hours Ago   #47

Truckee, California
Paddling Since: 1990
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipkruse View Post
I grew up guiding out of Coloma, and while itís a humble little place, itís really hard to beat as a central location in the midst of more than 200 different runs in California. (Thatís not a typo. There might be 300 if you really broke them up.)
Iíve lived and worked in CO for a couple of years, worked a season in WV, and boated on the Kern, in Idaho, Oregon, New Zealand and elsewhere, weighting heaviest on class V runs. I wouldnít diss any of these places. All have great people and boating. The Kern is really cool because there are so many separate sections to run.
But Iím back in NorCal again, though, in part because of my career. But boating out here is incredible, road and trail access is good, people are friendly, and weather is very good.
^^^Listen to this guy he's the shizz!^^^ Can't wait to flip in Chili Bar Hole again with you someday.

What other place in the world has a cool program for young boaters like Junior Guides?
SixPek is offline   Reply With Quote