suggestions on which company to use for GC motor trip - Mountain Buzz

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #1

Reno, Nevada
Paddling Since: 1986
suggestions on which company to use for GC motor trip

I went down the Colorado River through the Grand Canyon several years ago on a private trip with my Jack's Plastic cataraft-- it was great. We went from Lee's Ferry to Lake Mead. My wife cannot get more than 8 or 9 days off so a private trip will not work and a motor will be necessary to cover the full length of the canyon. I have looked at Grand Canyon Expeditions and Arizona River Runners websites.
Any suggestions on which company or companies offer the best motorised experience? I apologise if this is posted on the wrong forum.

raynger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #2

Salida, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1983
I've heard nothing but good things about https://azraft.com/ and while on the river their peeps all looked like they were having the time of their lives
MNichols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #3

Westminster, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1980
Ditto for AZRA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #4

Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1974
I have liked all of the boatmen I've met from AZRA. They tend to be mature, intelligent, knowledgeable and thoughtful.

You likely will also have a good time with GCE. When I've encountered them on the river, I liked them.
GeoRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #5

Golden, Colorado
The only commercial raft trip I’ve ever done was with AZRA in the GC. All the guides were cool and a well organized trip. One was on the women’s Olympic raft team, another studying to be be a doctor and this was how he paid for school,etc. this was a long, long time ago.

The only downside was all the other customers were doctors or lawyers. How did I know? Cuz they tell you. Often.
griz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #6

Portland, United States
I recommend AZRA also. The guides on our oar trip were excellent and really tailored the experience to our group's interests and abilities. The food was exceptional too.
Osmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #7

SWCO, Colorado
Paddling Since: 80's
Had a great time with GCE last summer. Good people there. Don’t think you can go wrong with any of them. Good luck.
MR. ED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #8

Fraser, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
[QUOTE=griz;738987

The only downside was all the other customers were doctors or lawyers. How did I know? Cuz they tell you. Often.[/QUOTE]

Working in the outdoor industry for a good chunk of my life, and various blue color jobs and careers the rest of the time. I’ve been talked down to a bit by highly important.
Eventually, I realized, just how vulnerable they are, with out me, and others like me. If it were not for the practically minded, doing a lot of hard work, and watching out for them, they would be dead, literally.
Never dis another person, or what they do for a living!
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #9

Fraser, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
Well, never dis another person for what they do for a living, unless it is it is just plain evil, and wrong....
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #10

Eureka, California
Paddling Since: 1991
Ditto for AZRA, did a dory & Stories by Brad Dimrock it was great. Can your wife hike in or out at Phantom Ranch? My sis and niece did that way back when on a private trip
kanoer2 is offline   Reply With Quote