Rancho Del Rio Shuttle - Mountain Buzz

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #1

Rancho Del Rio Shuttle

I used Rancho Del Rio for a shuttle from Pumphouse to Rancho Del Rio. The Shuttler decided to help himself/herself to over $600 of my property including; Parks Pass, Sunglasses, fly box and flies, knife and more. NEVER EVER USE RANCHO DEL RIO.

Streamers-n-Rafts is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #2

summit, Colorado
I've never heard of the Rancho shuttle folks stealing anything. On the other hand, I HAVE heard of people going to popular boat ramps and using the keys that are easily found in the usual hiding spots to get into vehicles and steal whatever valuable stuff they might find. It sucks, but I would guess that was what happened before I'd accuse Rancho.
basinrafter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #3

I hear ya on that... but

You'd have to know exactly where my Magnetic key is located... which only the shuttler knew. The vehicle was parked on their private property not a state boat ramp parking lot. I appreciate that thought and I was very careful about how I approached this before I called them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #4

thornton, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1969
How was the fishing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streamers-n-Rafts View Post
I used Rancho Del Rio for a shuttle from Pumphouse to Rancho Del Rio. The Shuttler decided to help himself/herself to over $600 of my property including; Parks Pass, Sunglasses, fly box and flies, knife and more. NEVER EVER USE RANCHO DEL RIO.
I use to float that section of the Colorado river for fishing mainly, and a reason to burn some steaks too. We have left vehicle's at Rancho a number of times, lock and unlocked, I have never use their shuttle before though. We have never had any problems, in fact that's why we leave our vehicle's there, is because someone is always there, keeping an eye on the place, you don't always need a key to open a car door, I use to carry a small wedge for just such a purpose in my ammo can, in case someone lock their keys in the car, in some remote area. Sorry that happened, someone could of slipped under the radar though. I would not put the blame on Rancho, too quick. I have had things five fingered too and it sucks, just part of the chances we take while river rafting.
raymo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #5

Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1974
I'm very sorry to hear about your loss of equipment. I'm sorry that it seems like RdR is to blame.

I have used RdR and Confluence Casting many times for shuttles and never had a problem. BTW, there are not many choices.

I suggest using a lock box. The ideal of leaving a key under the gas flap, on top of a wheel, etc just makes it too easy for "nefarious" activity. I have my lock box hung on the topper hatch latch but it is just as easy to put it in other locations such as wind shield wiper, roof rack cross bar, etc. For extra security keep a spare key with you on the river and have them leave the lock box inside the vehicle.

Lock boxes are relatively dirt cheap, the cheapest insurance and piece of mind you'll ever buy.
GeoRon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #6

Denver, Colorado
I wonder about locking it and taking the keys to Rancho and having them lock them in car once done.

These stories are why I extended the tongue on my trailer and attached a motorcycle tray and bought a dirt bike for shuttling.
Sorry for your loss,
Maybe call and ask who they had drive it and have em see if he’s wearing your shades.
jonseim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #7

Did you contact the Sheriff?

Did you contact the Routt County Sheriff and file a report? With a report in hand, you may find there is some compensation available through your Homeowners insurance. I had a similar circumstance involving a parking valet at a Hyatt Hotel years ago and my insurance paid for it.
MTNLIVN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #8

Super great ideas here! I appreciate it! Yes I did file a report with the sheriff. I like the lock box idea, dirt bike idea and homeowners idea. Thanks all.
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #9
in dry dock

Glenwoody, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Dood, if you leave your stash on the passenger seat, the driver is going to think it's a tip
noahfecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahfecks View Post
Dood, if you leave your stash on the passenger seat, the driver is going to think it's a tip
It was a combination of sunglasses, knife, fly boxes, state parks pass and other things. Definitely not a tip