Mountain Buzz banner

Lwr Salmon, Hell's-in-one?

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Conundrum 
#1 ·
How about this idea for the two weeks this October I have to burn?

Put in at Hammer Creek and float the lower Salmon over a couple days, paying for shuttle to drop the rig @ Pittsburg. Eventually, meet with a pre-arranged jet shuttle to drop us at the top of Hell's canyon, then run to Pittsburg?

I just haven't seen these logistics described, and wondered if it could be this simple...

Thanks for the invaluable beta!

#4 ·
Killgore advertises jetbacks to Pittsburg or Hells Canyon Dam they are out of Whitebird (kind of). Would be a longer trip down to the confluence for pick up but I know people do confluence to Pittsburg, you would just be putting both trips together. Seems like it could be fairly spendy but I guess its not as far as the Main jetup/back.

#6 ·
We have used Kilgore and Kirby Creek Lodge for jet backs. Haven't tried Hammer Down but don't have a reason I wouldn't. Unless Hammer bought Kirby's drop nose or Kirby quit doing shuttles, I wouldn't say HD is the only special boat for rafters in the canyon. It's been a few years since I've jet shuttled so maybe things have changed down there.

Never combined the two trips but logistically, it would be that simple. Not sure what your definition of expensive is but you're probably looking at $2k or so for the shuttle work.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.