Lower Salmon Eagle Cr akeout beta needed - Mountain Buzz

Old 07-09-2017   #1

missoula, montucky
Paddling Since: 1993
Lower Salmon Eagle Cr akeout beta needed

Hi friends! Looking to do a hammer to Eagle cr on the lower salmon next week. We heard the Eagle Cr road was heinous. Has anybody been there recently? We'll be in a Tacoma without a trailer. Advice on the road, shuttles, etc would be stellar. We're going to be in a Hyside mini max, so a rocky takeout isn't a big issue. Thanks!!!

mtnkasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2017   #2

salmon, Idaho
Paddling Since: 2004
I have hunted a lot on Craig mountain and used the eagle creek road a lot... the road isn't what I would call heinous but it isn't good.. I was always in there in November and it was snow covered and never had a problem.. it is rocky and make sure you have a good spar but you shouldn't have a problem. It has been about 4 years since I was in there... watch out for rattle snakes taking out. I had a friend in there get bit while fishing... they made record time getting out but it was a bad deal. If you don't have a trailer it will be fine.. once you get to the top it's a great gravel road.. just the canyon out is bad..

Sent from my SM-G920V using Mountain Buzz mobile app
codycleve is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017   #3

Bazzaro, Free
Paddling Since: 2020
I was in there two weeks ago. Your Tacoma will be good to go. There are a couple rocky bumpy stretches that will test your kidneys but its really not that bad. Its slow going. Plan on an hour or more for the last 10 miles. Do you know how to get there?
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2017   #4
North Fork

Sandpoint, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1988
We took our trucks (Tundra, Chevy 1500 4wd) down there last October for a cast and blast. We have had raft frames on our trucks roof racks, and everything else squashed inside the canopies. Just take it slow....4wd low up and down, crawling over the necessary areas. I would not recommend a trailer, but I have seen some crazy shit in my time down there. My friend came down in a Subaru Legacy (the low riders). His front rim was badly bent but the tire held air, and he made it in and out. Another guy took his pop-up trailer down there. I bet that thing was beaten up after that up and down. We have done the take out DOWNSTREAM of where Eagle creek Road meets the river road. There's a nice drive to the water sandy entrance. If you need a shuttle, All Rivers, and Mi'chelle, the owner, will not steer you wrong.
Patrick Lynch is offline   Reply With Quote