Lodore Aug 4-8, spots available - Mountain Buzz

Old 05-06-2018   #1

Salida, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2010
Lodore Aug 4-8, spots available

Looking for 1-2 more boats. Two families thus far with teenagers. Preference will be given to families, although not ruling out those without.

Like to be on water by 9am each day. One layover day planned.

denali1322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2018   #2

Salida, Colorado
Bouncing this back up. Surprisingly got very little interest. Definitely will open this open to more than just those with families.
Old 05-17-2018   #3

Frisco, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1990
I'm surprised as well. I'd jump on this invite with my wife and kids, but we're pulling off the Main Salmon the day before.
heyben is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2018   #4

Salt Lake City, Utah
Paddling Since: 1987
We and our teenagers would love to go (Still looking for an august cancelation) but we have hit Lodore already this year and are not eligible

August Lodore trips are great. Water has warmed up a touch, especially in the lower sections and there are not any bugs. We love to lay-over at Triplet falls if the beach is there (it washes away some years with the high flows). The kids love to jump off of the rock and swim in the slow water above the rapid. Plenty of trees for hammocks too.

Or take your extra day and spend the last night in Island Park. Bugs suck in the spring but August it is beautiful. Had some great sunsets at camp there and you can easily beat the wind with an early start through the rest of Island Park.
unlucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018   #5

High use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by unlucky View Post
We and our teenagers would love to go (Still looking for an august cancelation) but we have hit Lodore already this year and are not eligible

August Lodore trips are great. Water has warmed up a touch, especially in the lower sections and there are not any bugs. We love to lay-over at Triplet falls if the beach is there (it washes away some years with the high flows). The kids love to jump off of the rock and swim in the slow water above the rapid. Plenty of trees for hammocks too.

Or take your extra day and spend the last night in Island Park. Bugs suck in the spring but August it is beautiful. Had some great sunsets at camp there and you can easily beat the wind with an early start through the rest of Island Park.
The high use is from Memorial day through Labor day. The high use is when you are restricted to only one trip. A pre or post season trip does not count as a once a season high use trip.
dport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018   #6

Dillon, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1975
I would be interested in talking with you about joining on this trip. I have run Gates several times and we would be a total of 4 1 boat. I have two teenage daughters ages 19 and 17. Could also potentially find a second family from Summit County. Let me know if spots are still available and I will discuss with my family tonight.
rogerrafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018   #7

Salida, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by dport View Post
The high use is from Memorial day through Labor day. The high use is when you are restricted to only one trip. A pre or post season trip does not count as a once a season high use trip.
High use season is now May 8 to Sep 8, but your point is still taken on non-use trips not counting toward once a year limit.
Old 05-20-2018   #8

St. George, Utah
Paddling Since: 1974
High Use Season for 2018
For the Green River, it is from May 14th to September 14th. For the Yampa River, it is from May 14th to July 13th. The rest of the year is considered low-use season for both river sections.

Copied from the Dinosaur NPS website.
dsrtrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018   #9

breckenridge, Colorado
Paddling Since: 90
I know we're the barnicles of river trips(unless we're needed for rescue or recovery),but I would love to do this trip as a kayaker. certified swiftwater rescue, and c.p.r. please send a post back either way. dave
dbonno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018   #10

Longmont, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1980
If you still have openings, I'm interested for my family of 4 ( 2 teens, son -15 and daughter - 17). Let me know and we can chat ofline.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Mountain Buzz mobile app
muttster is offline   Reply With Quote