Husband/wife looking for Fall 2019 GC trip - Mountain Buzz

Old 07-10-2018   #1

Port Angeles, Washington
Paddling Since: 1978
Husband/wife looking for Fall 2019 GC trip

Hello All,

My wife and I have rafted and kayaked the Western US for years; including 12 trips down the GC in kayaks, rafts and dories. We currently have a Sotar 16' Liquid and would be very interested in joining in a Sept/Oct/Nov trip.

We have: Riverbank toilet system with 2 vaults, full kitchen (we love Dutch oven cooking), Cambridge fire pan/w blanked, kitchen tarp, table, 2 complete foot pump hand wash systems (one for kitchen and one for groover), 4 burner partner stove, 1.5 gal stainless coffee pot, large sun/rain tarp for kitchen area, 4 bucket dishwash system, large barrel Carlson pump (that I take on the river), and lots of knowledge about the GC camps, hikes, and natural history.

We are avid hikers and very easy going. Up early and at camp early for hikes is what we like but we'll go with the flow. We can help plan if needed, but you'll have no power struggles with us. If you need to rent boats we would be happy to help share that cost. We have done the food through outfitters as well as done our own thing (which we like to do and have a simple method with less waste and organic ingredients).

I'm also a working mandolin player so going with a guitar player(s) is a bonus. My wife is a nurse.

Drop me a PM if interested.

Ed

wdb3960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2018   #2

Avon, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1997
Pictures?/ you into the "lifestyle" ?
ENDOMADNESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018   #3

at my house, Montana
Paddling Since: 2020
I recommend you post here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/706690459385566/
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2018   #4

San Bernardino, California
Paddling Since: 1988
Hello, Thank you for your post looking for a spot for you and your wife on a Grand Canyon trip.
My wife and I are currently invited on a trip with a couple of friends that we made two years back on our last trip (9th down the Grand). I believe we are still looking for other couples. There is a catch however. You'll find out more about my trip if you search my name.
If you and your wife are interested, PM me.
Thank you, and have a wonderful summer.
Rodger.
dirtyrodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018   #5
Never enough free time

Red Lodge, Montana
Paddling Since: 1998
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyrodger View Post
Hello, Thank you for your post looking for a spot for you and your wife on a Grand Canyon trip.
My wife and I are currently invited on a trip with a couple of friends that we made two years back on our last trip (9th down the Grand). I believe we are still looking for other couples. There is a catch however. You'll find out more about my trip if you search my name.
If you and your wife are interested, PM me.
Thank you, and have a wonderful summer.
Rodger.
WTF...I couldn't help myself and googled Dirty Rodger and got this from Urban Dictionary:

dirty roger
A drunk smelly janitor with a dirty sanchez looking mustache.

I must live a sheltered life because that doesn't sound like a sales pitch for anything I would want to be involved with

Edit to add 1/2 an hour later:

....aaaannnnd then I went ahead and actually read all 9 of DR's previous posts. I apologize for wisecracking because he sounds like a decent enough guy in what he writes, but it doesn't change the fact that I apparently live a sheltered life
MontanaLaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018   #6

Port Angeles, Washington
Paddling Since: 1978
Hello Boaters,

Although my wife and I are certainly thrill seekers we're probably mostly interested in a conventional trip. I know it's pretty early to be thinking about a Sept/Oct trip, but we're ready to commit and would be a addition to your group if experience/safety/and fun are important.

Thanks for the responses,

Ed Schmid
wdb3960 is offline   Reply With Quote