Mountain Buzz banner

Good River movies during a quarantine!!!

7K views 44 replies 29 participants last post by  yardsells 
#1 ·
#16 ·
Subject: White Water Rebels I assume. I'm still saving Damn River so don't know if it had C boats.

I didn't think they had any C boaters in California circa 1983.

That was a glass boat in the opening scene wasn't it? Likely filmed after all other WW filming completed. That boat was likely toast.

Ya, nothing dorky about paddle to paddle mortal combat! He did get the girl in the end. Maybe I should rephrase how I just said that. It wasn't that type of sexy movie.

#18 ·
This is a GEM!! It has almost everything - clean runs, pinball runs, gettin' outta jams, fixin' boats, luck (both kinds), beautiful scenery......but it lacks obnoxious music and drunk dudes fallin' into fires..... Oh well, I'll just have to make do. ;) And the work, etc to film this with 1966 equipment!

#44 ·
My favorite quote from that movie is from the bullet farmer dude: "I am the scales of justice, conductor of the choir of death!"

Also like: "Shiny and chrome..."

As for river movies: I always recommend the African Queen with Bogart and Hepburn of course its rated M.
I also enjoyed that robert redford grand movie: Grand Canyon: River at Risk. Also kinda rated M.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.