Getting married on the NF of the Flathead. - Mountain Buzz

Old 05-06-2019   #1

Getting married on the NF of the Flathead.

I'm getting married this Sunday on the NF of the Flathead at Sonderson Meadows. It is a few miles south of the Ford put in.

I am planning on putting in my raft at Ford, floating down to Sonderson, getting married, then the wife and I floating to Polebridge where we have a cabin.

We are hoping to float from Polebridge to Big Creek on Monday, return to the cabin, then float from Big Creek to Blankenship and go home on Tues.

How would you go about doing this if it were you? I am working with Cheryl from flathead shuttles, just trying to see if there is a logistical way to make it easier.

SERE Nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2019   #2

Belgrade, Montana
Paddling Since: 1991
Congrats!

Last time I ran that section we got someone from the bakery to shuttle for us... but it was fairly expensive. It might be an option, but something you'd have to work out onsite which in your case would likely spoil the mood. I'd probably go with organizing via the shuttle company a head of time.

On another note, my favorite part of that river was from the border to Ford, least favorite was from Big creek down (not that it was bad by any means, but the upper section was just way more secluded... Have you thought of just reshuttling up to the border from big creek, then floating to Ford? A lot of shuttling I know but just a thought.
Old 05-07-2019   #3
Never enough free time

Red Lodge, Montana
Paddling Since: 1998
The road is pretty flat...self shuttle a section by bike to save some cash? You could call it a multi-sport adventure, as if boating and weddings don't already count
MontanaLaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2019   #4

River is rising fast! Should be totally blown out by tues.
SERE Nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #5

Northwest, Montana
Congrats!
Last time I talked to Cheryl, her rates were pretty reasonable. Maybe they've gone up?
When taking out at Polebridge, take out on the downstream side of the bridge. The old upstream takeout has gotten dangerous in the past few years. I had a sporty put in there last year for an overnight to Coal Creek. I've nearly missed that Polebridge takeout a couple times. It'll bounce you right out and send you downstream.
Pigpen is offline   Reply With Quote