Experienced Roaring Fork Drift Opportunity - Mountain Buzz

Old 4 Weeks Ago   #1

Experienced Roaring Fork Drift Opportunity

I have a 2016 Hyde Pro Series Drift Boat that a buddy and I are bringing to float & fish the Roaring Fork this Saturday (4/20) from Carbondale to West Bank (I believe this is about a 7-mile stretch and is very mild right now). I would like someone with floating experience on this specific section to join us to provide some light directions and if you are local, it would be great if you have a shuttle vehicle. All of us will take turns on the oars and fishing (if you care to fish). I will be arriving in the area somewhere around 8-9am. Please reach out asap if you can join. Thank you.

johnny
970-301-8111 (call or text)

Johnnyonthefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 4 Weeks Ago   #2

Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnyonthefly View Post
I have a 2016 Hyde Pro Series Drift Boat that a buddy and I are bringing to float & fish the Roaring Fork this Saturday (4/20) from Carbondale to West Bank (I believe this is about a 7-mile stretch and is very mild right now). I would like someone with floating experience on this specific section to join us to provide some light directions and if you are local, it would be great if you have a shuttle vehicle. All of us will take turns on the oars and fishing (if you care to fish). I will be arriving in the area somewhere around 8-9am. Please reach out asap if you can join. Thank you.

johnny
970-301-8111 (call or text)
you know about razorblade rapids right?
fishingraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #3

Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingraft View Post
you know about razorblade rapids right?
Hold on, now. Is that the one above or below "Slice and Dice" where the big shards of flagstone stick up vertically all the way across the river below the drop and you can't see them until it's too late?
Nothing in the world is more yielding and gentle than water. Yet it has no equal for conquering the resistant and tough. The flexible can overcome the unbending; the soft can overcome the hard. - Lao Tse
Andy H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 4 Weeks Ago   #4

Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy H. View Post
Hold on, now. Is that the one above or below "Slice and Dice" where the big shards of flagstone stick up vertically all the way across the river below the drop and you can't see them until it's too late?
Above. It's washed out now. Ran it last week, here's a pic.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	29.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	609.0 KB
ID:	33899  
fishingraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #5

Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingraft View Post
Above. It's washed out now. Ran it last week, here's a pic.
Ok, yeah, it's coming back to me now. And if you flip in slice and dice, you get swept right into Razorblade Rapid. Like that guy last year that needed two funerals...
Nothing in the world is more yielding and gentle than water. Yet it has no equal for conquering the resistant and tough. The flexible can overcome the unbending; the soft can overcome the hard. - Lao Tse
Andy H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #6

lafayette or Grand Lake, CO., Colorado
Paddling Since: 1961
Johnny,
Do not let these guy's get to you. There are no rapids right now because it is frozen over.
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #7
Sponsoring Vendors

Paddling Since: 1994
they don't call it the cemetery run for nothin!