I did not ask where Captain Jason would meet us. My assumption is that he would meet us where the lake starts, but I would think that would be negotiable. Obviously we need to make it past the mud flats, etc.
As far as the Cathedral in the Desert, since we would be paying by the hour, I am sure that the Captain would be happy to make a small detour.
At this point, we are leaning to hiking out Coyote Gulch, but I will probably be pushing to go all the way to the lake, see more canyon. It is a group, so we have to agree on a plan. That decision might be affected by the flow, with higher flow favoring the lake exit.
We have a semi-fixed launch date of May 19. If for any reason the Escalante does not have much water in it, we would then head for the Owyhee. That was the original plan, before my buddy persuaded me that this was the year to run the Escalante, before we get too old to do it.