Yampa/Gates Boaters PLEASE be on the look out! - Mountain Buzz

Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Rafting

Old 05-29-2018   #1
sunshinesallie

Steamboat Springs, Colorado
Yampa/Gates Boaters PLEASE be on the look out!

Hi all,

If you aren't in the High Rockies you may not have seen it, but a Steamboat local and friend of mine, Matt Shelters, has been missing since the end of April. With absolutely no clues at all, one of the only solid theories is that he may have fallen in the Yampa while walking home. While I don't really believe in physics/mediums, another friend of mine was visited at his work by a woman who gave him information that she could not have read on the internet.

Specifically, she said he is stuck in a tributary past the Yampa/Green confluence and will only by found by someone on the water. Search and Rescue rightfully will not send teams without solid information/a certain size location, so that's out.

I'm begging anyone who may be launching a Gates of Lodore or Yampa Canyon trip that sees this to spread the word to other boaters you may come across and keep a keen eye out past the confluence before Split mountain, especially near Jones Hole and Sage Creeks.

This is the most recent newspaper article https://www.steamboattoday.com/news/...ring-him-home/ and all pertinent information can be found on facebook.com/searchforshelters. Down River Equipment has some posters up, and I'd be happy to bring more there if you're passing through Denver and heading out to that area/would be willing to put them up at the put-ins. THANK YOU!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	33176110_215356915860527_2067337861744558080_n.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	30930  

sunshinesallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement