WINNER of "Capture the Rapture" WEEK FOUR!! - Mountain Buzz

Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Rafting

Old 11-03-2016   #1

Boise, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1960
WINNER of "Capture the Rapture" WEEK FOUR!!

I know I am a little late to post it on MB but wanted to share... we are getting great entries folks! Don't stop, in the end some will win a DREAMBOAT package that will be the sweetest ride on the river Week 4 winner is Chris W from Leavenworth, WA! In Chris's words: “Colorado River, Grand Canyon Across from Deer Creek (Mile 136 River Left - Medium sized camp). Three hour hikes to remarkable waterfalls, returning to camp for a beer and dinner. Sleep well, my friends.”

Chris will still be in the running for the Grand Prize as well as all of our entrants! Thanks for continuing to play with us, it is a blast to see everyone's passion for so many rivers and what they all mean to each of us!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ChrisWeiss_image5.JPG
Views:	250
Size:	1.06 MB
ID:	12433

Cascade River Gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2016   #2

Boise, Idaho
And just to have some more fun... here is another shot that was in our finals this last week, we loved it! If you are entering make sure to read the rules and regs for our point system, there were several in our finals that did not have descriptions and that is worth 20 points to the judges!! We want everyone to have the best chance possible to win

This photo was sent in from an Oregon neighbor of ours Matthais F. In Matthais's words ~ "The location of this shot will look familiar to many in the boating community; Cache Bar, take-out, Middle Fork Salmon. This shot was taken in late September after our last commercial trip of 2015, one of the lowest water years in recent history. It still stands out to me today because so many elements come together to tell the story -- the tame river in the background, the concrete ramp barely still in the water, the emptiness of the (usually chaotic) ramp, the bare feet, the hat over the face, and of course, the beer. It tells the story of a season well-earned, a job worth doing, and a river worth sharing."

Name:	MatthiasFostvedt_IMG_2126 - Copy.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	1.76 MB
ID:	12441
Old 11-03-2016   #3

Somewhere, Idaho
Paddling Since: 2008
Thanks Cascade!

P.S. I'm an Idaho boy... just getting my legal education next door
fostvedtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2016   #4

Boise, Idaho
Quote:
Originally Posted by fostvedtm View Post
Thanks Cascade!

P.S. I'm an Idaho boy... just getting my legal education next door
You are most welcome! So happy to see we have some Idaho representing! We loved your shot, keep entering, it's not over until someone wins a DREAMBOAT Have a great day! Kindly, Renee
Old 11-04-2016   #5

San Jose, CA, California
Paddling Since: 1998
Just entered. Cool shots everyone!
buckmanriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016   #6

Boise, Idaho
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckmanriver View Post
Just entered. Cool shots everyone!
RIGHT ON!! Glad you are playing buckmanriver Good Luck! ~ Renee

I suppose while I am here I could post another cool shot we have had entered!

Entered By David C from our hometown Boise, ID in his words "Main Salmon, a herd of big horns, some with radio collars. I think this would appeal to other sheep who read your catalog." You know those sheep get our catalog

Name:	DavidCook_Entry#2.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	929.0 KB
ID:	12449