Williwaw 2 owners - Mountain Buzz

Old 03-08-2013   #1

Vail, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2011
Williwaw 2 owners

Just a quick question. What size oars and blades are you running? I know the formula, just want to see what most people are preferring.
P.S. are you cooler/dry box rowing or on a raised seat like DRE?

Thanks for your time!

-Z

Sleepless is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2013   #2

Sandy, Utah
Paddling Since: 1997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepless View Post
Just a quick question. What size oars and blades are you running? I know the formula, just want to see what most people are preferring.
P.S. are you cooler/dry box rowing or on a raised seat like DRE?

Thanks for your time!

-Z
Not my boat, but my rafting buddy's. He rows from a dry box and uses 10 ft. Oars on the Willy2.
cataraftgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013   #3

Poundtown, Wokastan
Paddling Since: 420
9.5' cataract sticks w/ magnum 7" blades from a NRS low back seat.
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2013   #4

Ridgway, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
I've got a Williwaw 2, a raised DRE seat, 10" or 11" DRE oar towers and row with 10' oars. They seem to be a pretty good size don't think I'd want anything much shorter or longer. I sure like the tall oar towers as they allow you to get your blades fairly high out of the water when it matters.
ciggyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013   #5

Carbondale, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2007
10' Sawyer MX-G with Sawyer fir/ash blades. Sitting on a DRE drybox on paco pad. Frame is an NRS Bighorn 2 with AAA Inflatables oar towers cut to size...I am always tinkering and think I might need to drop the oar towers a little cause the way they are now I feel like the oars are a little on the short side...certainly don't want to have to upsize to 11'ers if I don't have to...might be getting a new frame sometime soon so we'll see...
calendar16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013   #6
Dipshit with the most.

Bellevue, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1991
10 foot carlisles with six inch blades. I hate the larger blades, nuttin but trouble.

Sitting on a drybox with 2 to 3 inch risers that I am thinking of cutting down by an inch or so.

Yeah, yeah, Carlisles suck but I have decent luck with them. Would love to get some rope wrapped wood at some point but that would be heavier too and then I would have to cut back on the booze or put Crown into plastic or some shit that I won't do.
carvedog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013   #7

at my house, Montana
Paddling Since: 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by carvedog View Post
Would love to get some rope wrapped wood at some point but that would be heavier too and then I would have to cut back on the booze or put Crown into plastic or some shit that I won't do.
Yah, I call bs, i bet you wouldn't do anything different, and don't really need to. Is the wood really heavier than conduit?
Old 03-08-2013   #8

Vail, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2011
Thanks everyone! I was rocking 10' sawyer MXS-f/g's on my Aire 143r. Kept them when I upgraded. Planned on testing them till mid June and deciding on any changes before our MFS trip. A buddy just pulled a early May Grand permit so I have to make up my mind in a hurry.

Gonna be a sick season!
Sleepless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013   #9

Woodland Park, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
I'be got 10 Sawyer fir oars on towers and row from a pad on a cooler. The setup was fantastic on cataract last year. Eager to see the set up on a middle fork in June and comparecompare with the grand at the end of June. my only qualm is pins and clips system.
JustinJam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013   #10

Kalispell, Montana
Paddling Since: 1997
10' rope-wrapped Fir oars and ~10" towers from a dry box.

Trailer that beautiful Maravia.
After 17 years (9 of them commercial--heavy use but not rolled then) my 8 years of rolling at the take-out took its toll and it was prone to pinholes.
MT4Runner is offline   Reply With Quote