Mountain Buzz banner

Where to go - no lottery draws.

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Cubuffs85 
#1 ·
I did not get any of my picks this year.

My family was mostly hoping to do a Deso trip with a launch date between July 13 and 16. If anyone has space IM me. We would number between 6 and 10 people. My wife and I have 4 kids that would want to go and if numbers permitted I am sure my nephew, his wife and two boys would be interested.

We all have experience and have done this section before. My 4 kids range in ages from 13 to 17. Past trips have proven that we will fit into just about any type of group. A hardcore partying group of 20 something year olds might be a stretch.

I have not done all of my homework but the Salmon Main was recommended by a friend who said it didn't require a permit.

Thoughts?

#4 ·
"Permits are required year-round for individuals wishing to float the wild section of the Salmon River, which extends from Corn Creek to Long Tom Bar. June 20, - September 7, 2020 Lottery control season; permit required (assigned via lottery or cancellations)"

Lower Salmon, anywhere below the wild and scenic section, is open year-round. Self service permit required from Hammer Creek on down. Hot in summer, lots of big sandy beaches. Plenty of info here on the Buzz.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.